2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

ive been behind the bench on the tactix games and she gets very frustrated! Kelara NC has moments of talent but she doesnt seem to listen to Burger. Bet Burgers wishing she went back to the pulse :scratch:

Also overheard a couple of conversations and i believe its Janes indention to come back to netball and the tactix, my fingers and toes are crossed anyway! time will tell, im sure some of you are mothers on here and know how difficult it can be to return to work

Netballfan1
    Participant

Jury seemed similarly frustrated last year playing with her too :scratch:

montyb
    Participant

Im a big Deb Fuller fan – I think her contribution to our World Cup win was significant.

Nesian
    Participant

I’m pretty sure Burger won’t be going anywhere. She is very happy where she is and paid very well. The Pulse did try and get her back but she wasn’t interested.

Re: Tiana, I love her physicality when she plays. In fact both Pulse shooters were getting quite physical against the Tactix defenders. I think it’s great for International competition. Burger is a very physical GD which she has to be because she is somewhat undersized (height wise).

I know some people don’t like the physical approach but it’s part of the game now. I’m also not sure if the average person knows how large these players are whilst being athletic. They are actually quite impressive when you get up close to them. I’d say Tiana, Kelera and Aliyah would all be in that 90kg+ range and would be strong. That’s a lot of size smashing into you. They’d be hell to go up against. I was down the stadium in the weekend watching club netball and saw a sign at the gym with some of the personal bests for players. Woulf had a one rep max on the trap bar of 185kg. I would have spit my coffee out if I was drinking any. I really doubt I would be able to lift that currently and I know a lot of men who wouldn’t be able to. Very impressive.

mcleod
    Participant

13 pages devoted to Rd 11. Well a lot of it is talking ferns. What are we going to be like, the day before, the day of, and day after the ferns are named.

Nate
    Participant

I’d have to agree Tiana has regressed a bit this year and dont see her getting into the SF for CWG. International Umps not that too physical offence friendly.

I do think that Burger could tone it done and come off the body a bit, as much as she might not like it but WD is her best position.

How did Deb Fuller contribute? The WC win was 90% the players win and 10% coaches I reckon.

Haha @Mcleod a lot of wtf I reckon, Noel’s selections haven’t been that great the last few squads, a lot said ‘you know what Noel’s is like’ but tbh they failed.

mcleod
    Participant

Very true Nate. And a certain FB page will be in meltdown. I know if a certain player gets in, I’ll be in meltdown.

minkie
    Participant

Be like me McLeod
    Avoid all the sites for a week after

2legit2quit
    Participant

Yeah but they only got better when they left.

Netballfan1
    Participant

Apparently 2 mystics players tested positive for covid after sundays game which might explain their performance

minkie
    Participant

Am guessing it depends how ‘after’ the game, the test was done.
    You’d think they’d be tested each day, we are.

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11