2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@WeWood Ivari Christie – I was a selector her first year of U15’s (5-6 years ago) in Hamilton/Waikato, and told my Mum (who was also selecting) that I thought she was so similar to Laura Langman at the same age. also has the benefit of being a not too bad GA too (at school level) – I was super stoked when she was named a training partner this year (first year out’ve school)

Ian Harkin

1/2 time; Steel 33-26

Fisher 25/25 (100%)
    Heffernan 8/9 (89%)

Ekenasio 14/16 (88%)
    Mes 12/15 (80%)

So, that Q ended up 16-16. It looked like getting right away from Magic early in the quarter, but they hung in there. Kate Burley has an incredible 7 gains to halftime!

WeWood
    Participant

@Kerryn I look forward to following her progress.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Steel 49-41

Fisher 37/37 (100%)
    Heffernan 12/13 (92%)

Mes 22/26 (85%)
    Ekenasio 19/21 (90%)

Magic challenged hard in that quarter and at one stage narrowed the gap to just 3. But Steel steadied and finished the quarter strongly to lead by 8.

Ian Harkin

Steel are going to run out comfortable winners here.

Nate
    Participant

2nd post match interview where Sulu has said about being accountable for themselves and what each player is willing to do when the team needs… wonder if its something to read into or not? Like inside player friction or i dont know what?

Rough seeing her so down, yeah we rarely see anyone happy after a loss but seems totally flat and not her trademark smile.

Not even sure why Karaka was put in GS when they had Namana?

minkie
    Participant

Thanks for updates Ian
    You must’ve been the only one watching this game

Ian Harkin

Full time: Steel 68-57

Fisher 50/51 (98%)
    Heffernan 18/20 (90%)
    TOTAL 68/71 (96%)

Mes 31/36 (86%)
    Ekenasio 26/29 (90%
    TOTAL 57/65 (88%)

Assists: Saunders 28
    Gains: Burley 7

MVP: Kate Heffernan (Steel)

A good win for Steel keeps their slim hopes alive.

Ian Harkin

Minkie, it’s very hard when there are 2 games on at once. I try my best.

Netballfan1
    Participant

My only thoughts of who this could be referring to would be the shooters?

Maryann
    Participant

@Minkie – I watched the game. It was incredibly hard to watch.

@Nate
    – I don’t think so re player friction however after the last game the shooters should be looking at themselves.

In the last 2? weeks the players have had a bit to deal with outside their actual pretty hard game schedule (7 games within 16 days I think it was) –
    1. Sulu’s retirement being placed in the media before she had told anyone (players, coaches, SF selectors
    2. Grace’s injury
    3. Helene Wilson leaving at the end of the season – I can’t fathom why her telling them could not have waited until after their last game.

Maryann
    Participant

@Minkie, sorry I now realise you were talking about the Magic game. That I had to watch on replay.

Jayceenz
    Participant

Also watched the game Minkie while cooking tea. I am loving Bailey’s turn and shoot at the moment.

Steel played their hearts out today and definitely deserved that win. Pleased to see no wrestling match in the other circle!! That young Christie girl is one to watch out for in the near future also.

Nate
    Participant

@Maryann was thinking the same, thats a lot of distraction in a very hard week.

Not a fan of Helene, just something rubs wrong with me about her, shes kinda smug during games when theyre winning aka Nweke is scoring for them, and the complaint against Mels and amagic was so petty. I sure hope Rob doesnt get head coach, that guy has been known to lend to a toxic coaching role and influence here in aus (yes inside knowledge).

Still dont see Nweke returning before say the final, still in a moon boot, yes not on crutches but with return to game physio and time if they push her back too soon itll lead to possible further damage. Not sure if SF have a say in her recovery timeframe being a major event year or not, if they did youd think they be saying no to playing again this domestic season?

minkie
    Participant

Anyone see Sulu’s hug/kinda hug to Bayes last week at that ridiculous goal.
    Apparently that’s a no no
    Sulu is such a beautiful person, she’s give everything she’s got for her team and netty.
    Someone (non related) thinks Grace is out for the remainder of ANZ? Who knows.
    Thanks Ian, you did great with 2 games. And thanks Jayceenz, glad she’s playing well (about time lol)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11