2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agree Helene can be a bit of a Karen, I can’t remember if it’s was this page but someone was going on about how critical Wai was when she stepped into coach the Pulse, you catch some of Helene’s comments & they aren’t very nice either…
    Interesting Rob toxic? Didn’t he get sacked over in Aussie?

Nesian
    Participant

I don’t think Helene is a good coach at all. Before Nweke came along she was struggling and people were calling for her to resign as coach after multiple failures with the Mystics. I’m sure there were a lot of people on this forum (the old one) calling for her head at the time.

Today she seemed to revert to her old ways of throwing the bibs in the air and hoping it would work. Putting Karaka in the GS was a joke. Namana would have been a far better option and she did eventually make that decision.

I wish the commentators would ask the Wilson the silly questions instead of Sulu. Sulu is a class act but I’m sure her patience is wearing thin after the last few games.

It was good to see Nweke on the court with a moon boot but I’d be very surprised to see her play next week against the Pulse. The ankle might be up to it but mentally I don’t think she will be jumping freely and that’s her main weapon.

Nate
    Participant

I think Rob got sacked from swifts and collingwood? I was working with swifts at the time rob was there and was a lot of ‘chatter’ about his coaching style and pressures.

Sulu is all class, its her nature, like saying sorry for coming a bit late and helping players up, its called being a decent human, and i do remember Fisher saying shes one of the nicest and also cleanest defenders shes versed. Only so much a GK can do to help a team i guess.

Yep Nesian agreed…. okay coach ive got a player who used to be a GS say a decade ago, played half a game in defence and still looks to struggle through a full 60mins after covid or one thats active and ready to play now and is a decent GS? I know Karaka go GS for a bit. Btw Karaka did have a nice looking shot technique for that 1/1 haha

Maryann
    Participant

I can’t see Grace being back before the end of the competition. If I am correct then the team will know and the added pressure won’t be helping. Even if she was close by finals I think that if she is on Noels radar then she wouldn’t be risked.
    Today was more than missing Grace as a target at the back to pass to. The fact is that when the middies got the ball into the shooters it was intercepted, mostly because the shooters did not go to hoop but passed around and in and out of the circle. Stars did a stellar job at getting in the head of Falkner in particular, similar to Magic defence in their last game.

I have had a thought about Sulu who does seem deflated. I’m not prepared to put it out on here and I sincerely hope I am wrong.

WeWood
    Participant

Just had a nosey on the ANZP website and noted TPSR’s season percentage at 81% (214 goals).

Yeah, ok you think. Not bad, could be better. Last year she shot 71% and hasn’t averaged over 80% for the season since ANZP started in 2017.

Here’s hoping she’s flicked a switch.

Other interesting shooting stats:
    Dunn 94% (465 goals)
    Nweke 92% (500)
    Bird 91% (405)
    Wilson 84% (374)
    Ekenasio 84% (166)
    Metuarau 81% (183)
    Mes 78% (258)

Who’s the four shooters for CWG? The only one I can put a circle around at the moment is Wilson.

minkie
    Participant

Why not Dunn WeWood according to those stat’s?
    Can how can Metuaraube a higher % but less in figures?

mcleod
    Participant

Maia, meels, Mes, TP

Nesian
    Participant

@Wewood a circle around Wilson as in she would be your pick?

I actually think it’s going to solely come down to fitness. I’ve heard there are multiple players at both ends of the court who are not making the fitness standards. It could be a completely different team to what everyone imagines. Kind of like the Quad series team but worse :-( . I’m also worried about Nweke not being able to work on fitness while she is injured.

@Nate
    100% shooting from Karaka, can’t complain about that! :yahoo:

WeWood
    Participant

@mcleod I think you could be on the money. Taurua is big on experience.

mcleod
    Participant

It’s like TP has had a call to get her s##t sorted.

WeWood
    Participant

@Nesian ohhh when you put it like that..

No Nweke and a foursome of Ekenasio, Mes TPSR and Wilson gives Taurua four GA/GS.

I think with Nweke and potentially Eke (no consideration for fitness), that’s probably both GS positions. Throw in Wilson to that mix and it feels very GS heavy.

So really I have no idea 😂

Ian Harkin

TB
    Participant

Personally, I don’t think Maia has earnt her spot in the Ferns. When she has a shocker, it’s completely shocking. Unfortunately she has had a few over the past year. Imagine if she had another one in a semi or grand final?

If all players are fully fit, there’s a lot of experience with Ekenasio TPSR and Mes. If Nweke is fully recovered, I’d say she’d be included. However I think Dunn deserves that spot too. These two have been absolutely solid for the past 2 seasons.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by TB.
    Kwkiwi
    Participant

Wow just shows how key Nweke is to Mystics winning. Or any holding goal shoot who can out leap shorter defenders, for that matter. Does anyone have an update on Nweke s ankle?? Wonder if she’ll be back for the Pulse game??! My Pulse could be in with a chance but they probably aren’t consistent enough…

Personally I think Nweke needs to take her game to the next level in the SSN. Go up against the likes of Sterling and Bruce.

Didn’t agree with using de bruin again. Why not put on an up and coming defender who doesn’t get much court time? Especially when the game’s a blowout.

Getting a bit boring watching the 6 teams play each other multiple times. Maybe they should let the mens teams play in the league to make it more interesting…
    I did sign up for spark sport to watch ssn but find since it’s not on sky I haven’t actually ended up watching ssn. It was much easier to record SSN on sky than loading up the spark sport app.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Definitely hope the four shooters selected aren’t Wilson, Mes, Eke & TSPR. None of them are clutch in a close game except for Eke when she’s fully fit. I’ve seen the other three go missing in action regularly in close games. That would be criminal not to include Dunn on her form this season. If she doesn’t get selected that will be down to favouritism on the selectors part.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11