2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Get them into the trials. Apisai who played for the Stars, his jump would give me nightmares 😂

mcleod
    Participant

At a guess with squad members I’m going with Magic 5, Mystics 5, Stars 4, Pulse 3, Tactix 2, Steel 1.
    But mention to Johnson and Vui who go a free ticket to England back in January.

Baller
    Participant

The mixed NZ team might be interesting. I hoping they go with talented female (and obviously male) players; THSR, LDB or Pedersen. I.e. players not interested in SFA but extremely talented.

mcleod
    Participant

Was thinking Kiwikiwi, it won’t matter who the GS/GA’s are if in a important shot.
    Because if the 2 C options that went to the Quad series are back in the Ferns, we be so far behind it won’t matter.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Don’t think McLeod that the midcourt will be the problem. It will be taking shooters that choke under pressure in a tight game. No point being good rebounders if your shooting percentage is low or you can’t shoot under pressure. Folau and Ekenasio won us the workf cup with their clutch shooting. Not sure if Mes and Wilson can do the same under pressure.

TB
    Participant

The midcourt is a huge problem. They need good middies to deliver safe ball to our shooters.
    I do think our shooting and defence ends will sort themselves out. The right people need to be selected in the midcourt. Kersten/Winders are not the right answer for C.

mcleod
    Participant

Winders has been tried so many times as the ferns C, fails everytime, Kersten the same. I have no idea what Noel’s is thinking, but I’m worried.

Netballfan1
    Participant

It’s interesting looking at the ANZ stats, Winders doesn’t make the top 10 for feeds, but does for penalties. Proof in the stats that it’s just not realistic to play her at C and expect our shooters to be fed well

Kerryn
    Participant

regarding Winders – that’s because she is a WD – and has proven in the SF’s that she is bloody good there, however for Magic and their shoddy recruiting – she is the better option at C than Kersten – not saying she is great there but with the options she comes out on top – I think they need to try to pick up Ivari Christie for next year as well as an experienced WA – proved in the weekends game she’s more than up to this level (And imo outplayed Kersten when they were against each other)

Netballfan1
    Participant

The more I think about it the more sympathy I feel for the magic shooters, being fed by players that should all be playing WD

Kerryn
    Participant

you’ve really hit the nail on the head there @HBHP out’ve the 10 originally contracted players – 7/10 play WD – and 4 of those would probably be their best positions – Winders, Kersten, Rore, Edgecumbe, with Mikaere having spent a decent amount of time playing there, Maihi some, and I have seen Tong once or twice bib up there – didn’t really bode well from the start did it?

Had Ekenasio been fully fit to start with, along with Williams, then Mes may’ve been used there but that wasn’t even a starter

museboy
    Participant

My preferred team

Wilson GS/GA
    Mes GA/GS/WA
    Ekenasio GS/GA
    Nweke GS

Crampton WA/C
    MRB C/WA
    Gordon WD/C/WA
    Burger WD/GD

Jury GK/GD
    Fitzpatrick GK/GD
    Karaka GD/GK
    Temu GD/GK

minkie
    Participant

Finally
    HBHP and Kerryn
    :good:

Kerryn
    Participant

@minkie imagine a Chelsea Pitman feeding a Bailey/Ameliaranne circle ;-)

minkie
    Participant

👌

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11