2022 ANZP ROUND 12

2022 ANZP ROUND 122022-05-27T23:56:01+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    Participant

this is when YMD should be bringing Walmsley on – cos if something happens to Dunn or Metaurau in the final they’re screwed – Walmsley’s only had 12 minutes the entire season

Kelly Jury had just one gain in the whole first half, but with the changes Mystics made to their shooting combination at halftime, she had FIVE gains in the third quarter.

Kerryn
        Participant

Mystics 40
          Grace Namana 32/37 (86%)
          Monica Falkner 5/6 (83%)
          Phoenix Karaka 1/3 (33%)
          Filda Vui 2/2 (100%)

Pulse 58
          Amelia Walmsley 3/4 (75%)
          Renee Matoe 1/2 (50%)
          Aliyah Dunn 37/41 (90%)
          Tiana Metuarau 17/21 (81%)

And so that’s it. Pulse will host the grand final next Sunday, while Stars will host Mystics on Wednesday to see which other team gets to the decider.

Nate
            Participant

@Kerryn lmao brain shart… love it!

Helene Wilson back to her good old weird subs and tactics like before Nweke.

And yes give Walmsley a run, shes a decent shooter that just needs more court time and especially now they know its a sure win.

3rd quarter killed it for Mystics, and that one is definitely on the coach.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Nate.
              thunder123
              Participant

I just made the comment about Etheridge and Cable Dixon as Helene made a comment about being the only coach to not bring back a retired player

In commentary they mentioned Sulu called Tairi during the week to see if she would play.

Nate
                Participant

Yeah thunder123 not a fan of the retired players coming back, lets be honest Storm wouldnt have said yes if she wasnt siting on 99 games and LdB wouldnt say yes to all those games if she wasnt close to breaking langmans record. NZ is usually good and bringing through younger players but not this year with allowing non contracted players a run, bring in NNL players is fine.

Maryann
                  Participant

@Thunder – that was a joke.

Full time: Pulse 58-40

Namana 32/37 (86%)
                      Falkner 5/6 (83%)
                      Vui 2/2 (100%)
                      Karaka 1/3 (33%)
                      TOTAL 40/48 (83%)

Dunn 37/41 (90%)
                      Metuarau 17/21 (81%)
                      Walmsley 3/4 (75%)
                      Matoe 1/2 (50%)
                      TOTAL 58/68 (85%)

Assists: Souness 22
                      Gains: Jury 8

MVP: Tiana Metuarau (Pulse)

Netballfan1
                      Participant

Falkner and Vui have definitely played themselves out of the ferns this season

Netballfan1
                          Participant

That team of the week could honestly be a SF starting 7!

RMB
                            Participant

That was handpicked by me for the fb page 🙂 it was a bit of a tough one!
                              Gs was torn with Wilson or Dunn GK jury or Harrison. A lot of talk if Meels is fit enough, I was a bit surprised Meterau got MVP thought she was a bit quiet…
                              Jury what a legend! To think she was kicked out a while back from SF for lack of fitness, she’s stepped up & taken it on board

Nesian
                              Participant

Helene back to her pre-Nweke coaching tactics of just putting people anywhere. Just because you have played at club level as a GS doesn’t mean you are at ANZ level! Putting Karaka at GS was one of the dumbest moves of the season because Namana was doing an outstanding job there.

I still don’t know why the Steel let Namana get away. When she was down here she was outstanding and the amount of weight that she lost was amazing. I hope she did enough tonight to get a franchise to offer her a contract even if it is a back up shooter as I hear she is going to give the game away if she doesn’t get one.

I usually like putting the boot into the one trick wonders the Mystics but I think they actually did well considering all the players they had out. Hopefully some of them are back even on limited time next week. It will make the game against the Stars interesting.

TB
                                Participant

I couldn’t watch the second half. I don’t understand the changes in the shooting circle. Namana/Falkner we’re doing fine, they also built a nice connection with ACD. Why bring on two completely new shooters to kick off the second half??‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 263 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top