2022 ANZP ROUND 12

2022 ANZP ROUND 122022-05-27T23:56:01+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 12

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What a shame for the mystics with all the withdrawals from this game. Not a very convincing win by the Pulse.
    The stars are going to win the elimination final unless the mystics get back their full squad.
    Can’t see the pulse getting up over the stars if the stars play like they did against the steel. They’ll be too good at both ends of the court for the pulse.
    I thought it was rough that Walmsley has barely had any court time this season.

Nesian
    Participant

@kwkiwi How is that not a convincing win by the Pulse, 18 goals? I’m not sure what your expectations were, I’m just glad they got the win.

Walmsley was there purely as a back up shooter, they only way she would get time is if the Pulse run up large margins on the opposition. You are not going to take one of the best GS’s in the competition off just to give your back up shooter some playing time in a close game.

WeWood
    Participant

Am I the only one unenthused about Gordon playing WD? Pedersen has been a fantastic servant for the Pulse this year, however I hope Gordon can get back to playing C/WA in 2023.

mcleod
    Participant

Agree ww. I feel she needs to be at WA, magic need one, and tactix but think that might be sorted there.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Nesian, even though the pulse won by a large margin I thought it was largely due to poor subbing by Wilson and that the Pulse turned over the ball a lot. Stars look much sharper especially Maia Wilson and Harrison.
    Understand re Walmsley and the need to close out the game but taking quite a big risk that Dunn or Metuarau don’t go down. I remember last season when they tried to put on Souness on as shooter. Didn’t work well.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Nesian, even though the pulse won by a large margin I thought it was largely due to poor subbing by Wilson and that the Pulse turned over the ball a lot. Stars look much sharper especially Maia Wilson and Harrison.
    Understand re Walmsley and the need to close out the game but taking quite a big risk that Dunn or Metuarau don’t go down. I remember last season when they tried to put on Souness on as shooter. Didn’t work well.

Nesian
    Participant

@kwkiwi Fair enough, the subbing definitely didn’t help especially in the 3rd quarter but in saying that Jury looked like she was back to her old self during the first half. She looked slow and Grace was making her look very average. After half however, Jury was back to MVP form and even if Helene didn’t screw up the subs I still think they would have won comfortably. To me, the Pulse have the best shooting circle in the competition and they would have the either the first or second best defensive circle in the competition. I think they will easily be more than a match for either the Mystics or the Stars. Walmsley, well the Pulse are quite capable of throwing games away with large margins in the last quarter, in fact they’d probably be one of the worst teams for doing that, so yes, exposure for her is great but at the same time I understand the coach wanting to make sure the win is guaranteed.

Ian Harkin

Magic:
    GS Bailey Mes
    GA Ameliaranne Ekenasio
    WA Georgie Edgecombe
    C Claire Kersten
    WD Samantha Winders
    GD Leana de Bruin
    GK Erena Mikaere

Steel:
    GS George Fisher
    GA Saviour Tui
    WA Shannon Saunders
    C Kate Heffernan
    WD Renee Savai’inaea
    GD Kate Burley
    GK Te Huinga Reo Selby-Rickit

Ian Harkin

I’m going to be busy during the game, so if anyone wants to post updates, they can.

Baller
    Participant

Is there a particular reason LDB is playing/starting with Tong and Maihi on the bench?

mcleod
    Participant

The who LDB thing is a farce, shameful infact.

Maryann
    Participant

Yes, because she has no conscience. Also why is Wilbore on the bench and Edgecombe starting in WA? Doesn’t make sense.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Maryann.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Maryann.
    mcleod
    Participant

Magic did same last year, Holly Fowler wasn’t even a contracted player, but recovered fast from her ACL, so they played her instead of a contracted player.

Baller
    Participant

Last game of the season, play and start your contract players.

Though I’m more interested to see how Mes and Ekenasio are working together.

Kerryn
    Participant

Edgecombe was a contracted player before Willbore came in, and I’m glade she’s getting another run – she’s tried her heart out all season – and like last year I thought was quite hard done by when she was playing so well at WD and then when Fowler came back (I believe she was part of the squad coming back from injury) she spent the rest of the season on the bench.

My only thoughts about LBD is that Maihi still isn’t match fit coming back from recent covid, and Tong has been playing limited minutes ssince she came back from injury (and sickness??) they could split the role but if something happens you’re going to struggle – and Ridling is no where near up to this playing level – not making excuses I think MJ shouldn’t be coach, just trying to work out why she would be doing it.

would there be as big’ve an uproar about her playing if she hadn’t also played for Stars? (she did fill in for Magic first)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 263 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 12