2022 ANZP ROUND 12

2022 ANZP ROUND 122022-05-27T23:56:01+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 12

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So Nesian and Mcleod do know something 🤔 that’s okay I believe any spot(s) will be quickly filled with the right people.

minkie
    Participant

No real reason Nesian, just what I’ve seen on here and other sites and what I’ve heard (like you we hear so much but don’t want to publicise it). It’s just my opinions but mainly while they’ve had much success, at what cost? I don’t like how they treat players, how rampant they are securing/discarding players. It truly is a ‘meat market’ players words not mine and not by my niece.
    Hope Grace takes it easy and they don’t put too much pressure on her young shoulders, she’s got the rest of her career to push herself

mcleod
    Participant

If Grace has 2 torn ligements, then risking her on Wednesday is gob smacking dumb.
    If they get their mid court back, those and the ferns squad members defence should do the rest.
    As for what happens in the teams next year and beyond, I guess they will be named soon, some might want a change of scenery.

Nesian
    Participant

@minkie Fair enough.I actually agree with you that the way some of the players are treated is quite disgusting. Temalisi with the Pulse was a perfect example. And yes, it is coming up to meat market time as I’ve heard it being called by CEO’s and agents.

I know of a couple of players movements and they are purely environmental reasons. While I’m sure all the ladies enjoy one another’s company there are often off the court factors that make it a lot more difficult than it would seem.

RMB
    Participant

@nesian how was Temalisi treated unfairly just out of curiosity? I’ve heard whispers of the complete opposite out in the netball world.

I worked with the tactix this year and their gm was just starting on co tractors, they never have great money to offer but guess that’s the joy of woman’s sport

mcleod
    Participant

Tactix don’t have the money to splash around like say the Steel. But nobody seems to want to leave, good environment.
    Speaking of tactix, strange how they had to play their catch up games quicker than other teams.

Maryann
    Participant

@McLeod – I think Kelera Nawai-Caucau was GK for Pulse for 2021. Parris Mason was the other defender but got about 60mins all season.

The whole catch up games saga was a farce. Some teams through no fault of their own having all their catch up games massed into a short time frame at the end of the season, right after recovering or partially recovering from covid has done the players no favours. No wonder some of them look exhausted (faces paler, under eyes darker) than I have ever seen and their game play has shown just how they feel.

Nate
    Participant

All these whispers about player changes have me so intrigued hahaha but i get that you cant share what you know till we all know.

No idea how some are coping with post covid symptoms and still expected to play top level netball. Mind blown.

Also not a fan of Pulses team and environment and agree with above comments. It would be interesting what happened to Temi, saw that she was having time off from netball, to whispers of not wanting to be vaxxed to randomly boom playing in the VNL.

RMB
    Participant

@nate I’ve heard whispers of a toxic pulse culture I think that was more last year. Tem checked it in just before pre-season ironically just around the time the mandates kicked in & said “family reasons” yet heads off to the uk the day the drop theirs, is she had waited a few weeks nz did the same, I mean the uk couldn’t be further away from her family.
    Also plays one game for mavericks & gets injured, lack of time in the gym.
    Maybe I’m a bit critical of her as I’ve seen her pyramid scheme scamming business she’s involved with

TB
    Participant

That’s a huge accusation @RMB

Nesian
    Participant

@RMB Just because it isn’t out in public I won’t disclose what happened but if that had been a member of my family that was treated like she was, I would have been very disappointed in the Pulse. She was training well pre-season, the rest of the team liked her then it just fell apart. I had to do a quick Insta dive as I haven’t been kicking track of her but yes it seems like she is involved in some affiliate marketing scheme. I don’t know if it’s a pyramid scheme or not, hopefully it isn’t.

I’ve heard from players and agents that the Tactix have a good environment so that’s a positive.

RMB
    Participant

@nesian bullying or any sort of bad culture has been exposed abit lately with womens sport, as it should they shouldn’t be silenced.

Pyramid was prob a harsh word but it is MLM which is technically not illegal but still morally wrong. I too can’t say to much but it seems it had upset the Pacifica community quite a bit & the press are on to it also

Nate
    Participant

@nesian i love your little tid bits here and there, how do you come about your insider knowledge? You dont have to be specific or you can be lol

@RMB
    wow didnt know that about her ‘business’ ventures, highly questionable indeed and can see why it would upset the Pacifica community as they are a generous lot of peoples and how a scheme like that could take them for granted.

Was wondering how Temi was gonna fit in with the Pulse defence wise with Jury and Manua already or was Manua signed after Temi, i cant remember? Pulse seem to like to run their favourites.

Glad Tactix have a good culture because we all know theyve struggled a lot of years previously.

Nesian
    Participant

@Nate I have a cousin who is a lawyer in Wellington but he also represents a couple of players as their agent. Over the years I’ve also met a few more agents and people involved in franchises. I also live in Steel country and everyone down the stadium talks netball and the Southern Steel. You would be surprised what some people know down here. I’ve heard rumours down here about stuff that is happening on the national level a couple of months before it comes public knowledge from all sorts of people and more often than not it’s true.

mcleod
    Participant

Facebook is a place for info for me, I send messages to people, and they trust me not to blab.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 263 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 12