2022 ANZP ROUND 12

2022 ANZP ROUND 122022-05-27T23:56:01+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agreed! Glen has a future… is it to replace Bird? Their shooting end has let them down at times this season, as a tactix supporter I’m just holding out for next year 🙂 :yahoo:

Nate
      Participant

The one shouting constantly from Pulse bench was the little GA who had a black eye most of the season, sorry dont know her name but it was super annoying.

Glen was awesome, and to say that was against Jury, ive found a traditional holding shooter works well against Jury, one that can hold a space then drop back as they receive the ball and not allowing Jury to stumble back woth them.

Also found that Dunn has turned into a shovey GS.

Maryann
        Participant

I really can’t see Mystics beating Pulse on Friday – with 3-4 middies still having/recovering/just recovered from Covid who will/should be on managed time and Nweke either not playing/just returning from ankle injury they are going to struggle for enough mid court players even from the lower squads. We all know how much covid has impacted and still is impacting teams this season and most players seem to take at least two games, once they return to play, to begin to perform anywhere near the level they were pre covid infection.

Maryann
          Participant

Renee Matoe is the Manawa player you are talking about who was yelling from the sidelines. She plays WA/GA.

RMB
            Participant

shes an NNL player isnt she or fill in? see she gets some court time every so often, that black eye must of been a shocker shes had it most of the season…

Nesian
              Participant

Renee Matoe is a teacher and a netball coach which is probably why she is quite vocal on the side lines. I must admit I haven’t actually heard her on TV.

I can see Glen being turned into a GA eventually. She looked like she had some speed in there and I know she has elite level fitness so being at GA won’t be an issue for her fitness wise. Interesting form on her shot too.

@RMB
                I think Glen will be on the bench again next season but in saying that you might have something to look forward to next year.

Netballfan1
                Participant

During the coaches corner cuts to the pulse (which I’m not a fan of anyway) all you could hear was Renee yelling and yelling, (to the point where we muted the TV). When the crowd when quiet she was the only thing that could be heard too! I’m all for a passionate bench but jeez, if it’s incomprehensible there’s not a lot of value.

I wish they’d used Glenn more during the season, it was a shame last night was their last game

mcleod
                  Participant

Hannah Glen is only 21, so has plenty of time to watch and learn. Wonder when the 2023 teams will be sorted,

thunder123
                    Participant

Nesian -the suspense is killing me!
                      ANZ off-season always seems to be more active/wow moments than SSN

Netballfan1
                      Participant

From my understanding (and from what I took from the inside netball podcast), they will be non contracted players (e.g. Greer Sinclair). So, players from the NNL or training partners

mcleod
                        Participant

I’ve heard rumours of some interesting player movement. Some real WTF wow ones. Going to be super interesting.

RMB
                          Participant

Interesting! When do they announce the teams for next year? They have to start early again cos of the worlds in 2023

Netballfan1
                            Participant

Whoops replied to the wrong thread with my comment below! I was meaning for players for the mystics game

Baller
                              Participant

Come on Mcleod drop some hints. Would you describe some players moving to further their SF chances or just a change?

WeWood
                                Participant

Surely the Magic having 7 players in their original contracted 10 who had WD as a listed position is peak WTF?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 263 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top