2022 ANZP ROUND 12

2022 ANZP ROUND 122022-05-27T23:56:01+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 12

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Minkie no I’m a huge Bailey Mes fan, have been since she was starting GS for the SF under Wais coaching and was super dominant. So maybe I’m a bit harder on her cause I love her style and play and the potential to be flat out unstoppable. I’ve been very positive about her especially at the start of the season but have grown a bit disappointed as the season has gone on. I’ve found her general gameplay go downhill when it should be getting even better than the start of the season as the team gels more. Yes she shot well but I personally feel she’s trying to do too much and love her at GS more than GA, she’s so athletic and dominant when she plays there. Geitz was right when she said that Mes was the hardest GS she’s ever played against.

@Maryann
    now I’m meaning when Hume came back on, Malesala was playing well and shooting okay so not sure why Hume was brought back on in the 4th quarter and shot 1/6, and also if she’s injured then rest her for finals.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Nate.
    Kwkiwi
    Participant

Interesting game. Magic could have won that. But too many turnovers and not converting off gains. Johnson took Mes out of the game. Good game by Johnson. The magic coach should have swapped Ekenasio to GA. Wonder how that affects Stars chances of taking the top spot. I think the Stars will have a harder game tommorrow against the Steel. The Steel don’t turn the ball over so much.
    Wonder if Harrison is available for the Ferns?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Kwkiwi.
    Ian Harkin

RMB
    Participant

From my expert opinion LOL… the stars should of won that by more or should the Magic have peaked earlier and won it? Concerning for the Stars if they want to make a final. Harrison just makes an defender flourish a well deserved MVP. Mid court of Crampton and Mila RB was super speedy, the Magic looked like they couldnt keep up at some stages and good to see Maia moving the circle rather than just pushing her GK around. The shooting of Mes and Ekanasio is certainly good but Com games worthy? guess thats up to the Dame…

I almost picked the stars as favourites but not so sure now…

TB
    Participant

I think the combination would work better with Mes at GS. They would have better feeders in the Ferns team (you would hope).

Kerryn
    Participant

Stars
    GS Maia Wilson
    GA Jamie Hume
    WA Gina Crampton
    C Mila Reuelu-Buchanan
    WD Holly Fowler
    GD Elle Temu
    GK Anna Harrison

Steel
    GS George Fisher
    GA Saviour Tui
    WA Shannon Saunders
    C Kate Heffernan
    WD Kate Hartley
    GD Sarahpheinna Woulf
    GK Te Huinga Reo Selby-Rickit

1st Quarter
    Stars 13
    Wilson 8/9
    Hume 5/6

Steel 9
    Fisher 4/4
    Tui 3/3
    Heffernan 2/3

Kerryn
    Participant

Half time
    Stars 31
    Wilson 25/28
    Hume 6/7

Steel 22
    Fisher 13/15
    Tui 7/8
    Heffernan 2/3

Ian Harkin

Sorry. Got distracted by the SSN GF announcement.

Kerryn
    Participant

@Ian all good ;-) – gave me something to do lol

Kerryn
    Participant

3/4 time
    Stars 48
    Wilson 35/38
    Hume 13/15

Steel 36
    Fisher 22/24
    Tui 7/8
    Heffernan 7/9

Kerryn
    Participant

Final Score – 68-49

Stars 68
    Wilson 51/55
    Hume 15/17
    Malesala 2/4

Steel 49
    Fisher 33/35
    Tui 9/13
    Heffernan 7/9

Gains – Harrison 6, Temu 5

MVP Maia Wilson (who had a SF standard game)

Nate
    Participant

Great step up @Kerryn!!

Agreed Maia had a very SF game, total dominant and beautiful netball to watch. Agreed with Shannon that they were just flat and disconnected on attack ( worse ive seen Steel play all year tbh) i wonder if its just a season fatigue or let down now they were outside of finals?

Best game from Stars all year too. Happy to see Temu back on court and still in superb form.

mcleod
    Participant

Maia was great

Ian Harkin

TB
    Participant

I agree, one team looked let down that they’re out of finals contention. And the other looked pumped for finals. The outcome is (IMO) a reflection of that.

I lost interest in it by the last qtr, which was disappointing. Magic are in the same situation as Steel, and they were playing like they had a chance of making finals 🤷‍♂️😂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 263 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 12