2022 ANZP ROUND 3

2022 ANZP ROUND 32022-03-24T18:53:59+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 3

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m wondering why they played Johnson at WD instead of GD? Yet she’s used as a GD for Ferns.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Pulse could have won that game. Jury got them a lot of turnover ball that they failed to convert.Dunn rock solid at the back. Must be up there with the top 3 GS in NZ. Thought the Mystics got away with several held balls at crucial times which could have tipped the game the Pulse’s way if called correctly.

Great game by the Steel, love watching Saunders her foot speed is amazing. Johnson couldn’t contain her. I’m sure Fisher will be playing in the Suncorp league at some stage. She’s going from strength to strength.

Wish the Sky Sport NZ coverage wouldn’t keep showing the coaches so much. Missing half the game crossing over to them and also having that coverage with a small box in the corner of the screen showing their faces which obscures the court. If anything Sky need to sharpen up on their replays of intercepts, umpire calls etc showing them in the breaks of play NOT during the live play. That would be more interesting to see. They need to watch some of the NBA coverage.

RMB
    Participant

@mcleod the WA for the Magic agree is a mess, why put Winders there? youre either a C & WA or a C & WD. Everyone had high hopes for MJ but i dont think she thought this one out very well…

RMB
    Participant

@kwkiwi Jury nailed the turn over ball, felt kinda bad for her everyone kept telling her shes the same height do more!
    Good to see Saunders redeem herself from last week even she admitted she had a bad game. Love Dunns shooting, shame she couldnt of done more time in the black dress but i heard rumours of fitness levels

RMB
    Participant

@thunder123 noooo they need Poi! otherwise theyll put Elley there & shes no Poi…

moooz
    Participant

Does anybody else really wish Dunn would make the Ferns over Wilson? IMO Dunn is so strong on the hold and is so relaxed when she shoots and accurate, whereas Wilson looks so hesitant whenever she shoots. I know who I would pick as my two Ferns GS, Dunn and Nweke.

TB
    Participant

@moooz I’m a bit conflicted with Dunn.
    Based on performances, I think she definitely should be in the black dress.
    But on the flip side, if she is unable to hit standard fitness tests (if that’s the reason why she’s missing out), I can understand why she keeps getting left out.

Looks can be deceiving, but I was quite surprised that Ellie Bird was hitting fitness standards, and Dunn wasn’t.
    *Btw I don’t know if that’s the reason why she keeps missing out. I’m going off what I’ve read on here.

Maryann
    Participant

Magic lineup
    GK Maihi
    GD Mikaere
    WD Winders
    C Kersten
    WA Edgecombe
    GA Ekenasio
    GS Mes
    Bench – Cable-Dixon, Reekers, Rowland, Ridling

I didn’t even consider Cable-Dixon was in the mix or know that she was still interested in playing at this level following the birth of her daughter and moving to the far reaches of Waikato.

Maryann
    Participant

Tactix lineup
    GS Bird
    GA Selby Rickit
    WA Nathan
    C Poi
    WD Elley
    GD Burger
    GK Nawai-Caucau

Maryann
    Participant

Half time 28 – 27 Magic. Ekenasio has played the full half.

Maryann
    Participant

Full time score 61-54 to the Tactix

TB
    Participant

I’ll have to watch this one. I am a fan of ACD glad they’ve bought her back on, and she’s an actual WA.

Nate
    Participant

Magic played well for 2 and a half quarters then the wheels fell off. Positives, good to see Mels play a full half at GA and Mes is still doing great things.

Negatives, midcourt is still not clicking and defence is just not there when you need it.

Tactix played as how tactix usually plays nothing spectacular but gets it done.

Tactix also got umpired back into the game, defence circle is very dirty.

Great first half to watch as both teams were evenly matched across the court. Last quarter was background noise whilst making dinner… I hope Magic don’t end up like last year with first round win then disappointment the rest of the comp and Tactix go from losing so much they can’t make the final to winning everything up till the final. 🙄

Also didn’t know Bird was the tallest player in the league.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Nate.
    Ian Harkin

Sorry for no updates on this one. Couldn’t get the streaming to work, so I went and had a much needed nap!

Full time: Tactix 61-54.

Rowland – 12/13- 92%
    Mes – 32/37 – 87%
    Ekenasio – 10/10 – 100%

Bird – 45/47 – 96%
    TPSR – 16/19 – 84%

MVP: Karin Burger

WeWood
    Participant

When was the last time we saw Mes put 30+ goals up in a game? She’s playing with a lot of freedom. Long may it continue!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 3