2022 ANZP ROUND 8

2022 ANZP ROUND 82022-04-27T08:07:31+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It does baffle me why Magic doesn’t start with the more natural WA in ACD? ?‍♂️
      Edgecombe has been going good, but she does get lost at time. I think her height could be used well at WD, especially with hands over.

miaomiao22
      Participant

Both GKs playing well today- pleasantly surprised by mikaere but i think the mystics are starting to run away with it now that toeava has come on

3/4 time: Mystics 41-32

Nweke 36/37 (97%)
          Falkner 5/10 (50%)

Rowland 16/18 (89%)
          Mes 16/26 (62%)

Mystics asserting some authority now with a 13-9 quarter. Fitzpatrick has 8 gains so far and Nweke has got on top of the Magic defence.

RMB
          Participant

Has Nweke been given a kick up the ass to move around the shooting circle??? Cos it’s worked

Fitzpatrick is on fire same with Mikaere!

*big sigh* why can’t Toeava play like that in the ferns

Netballfan1
            Participant

I would love to see the stats on what players get cautions week in week out. Winders seems to get a caution every game!!

TB
              Participant

Got to feel for Magic. They are yet to have their strongest lineup for a full game. I thought they played with a lot of heart today. Even though the score blew it out a bit, they kept pushing all the way to the end.

Full time: Mystics 56-44

Nweke 47/50 (94%)
                  Falkner 6/11 (55%)
                  Vui 3/5 (60%)
                  TOTAL 56/66 (85%)

Rowland 20/24 (83%)
                  Mes 20/31 (65%)
                  Autagavaia 4/4 (100%)
                  TOTAL 44/59 (75%)

Assists: Earle 16
                  Gains: Fitzpatrick 10

MVP: Grace Nweke (Mystics)

Mystics won every quarter.

Nesian
                  Participant

I like what I saw from Nweke today. A bit more movement than normal and not every pass in was a high lob.

I think Sulu doesn’t get enough credit for the workload she puts out from game to game.

Mikaere did some good work against Nweke today, one of her better games.

RMB
                    Participant

I do all that recruiting of experience too, even last year they weren’t a bad team just every one else was just better

RMB
                      Participant

Just when I thought Mes was looking good for SF hmmm maybe not
                        In saying that I think she’s been deeply effected by the COVID

Maryann
                        Participant

Commentators said Eke has had covid.

This coming weekend there are 5 games so a big weekend of netball in NZ.
                          Wilson said Mystics have 7 games in three weeks coming up.

mcleod
                          Participant

If the Magic had a proper WA and a attacking C it would help. But sadly no they don’t

And Tactix have 5 games in the next 12 days.
                            Tomorrow v Steel (Invercargill)
                            Saturday v Mystics (Auckland)
                            Sunday v Magic (Auckland
                            Wed 11th v Mystics (Chch)
                            Saturday 14th v Pulse (Wellington)

So much traveling, going to be some very tired players come June

Nesian
                            Participant

@mcleod That seems crazy. There will be some tired and very sore bodies I imagine. I hope they utilise their bench well to give the starters a rest.

Maryann
                              Participant

I’m not sure who can hear the post match interviews etc but Grace was interviewed. She said she’s working hard to become more mobile in the circle.
                                I have to say I don’t think I’ve ever seen a shooter jump as high as she did during the game to pull in one pass. I also saw her come out of the circle on a couple of occasions to take a pass from the attackers when midcourt defence was limiting their options.

RMB
                                Participant

So good to hear she’s working on that, she does face a bit of criticism for being one of those typical tall shooters that just puts her hand up, she’s still young. The movement is needed & looking good

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top