2022 ANZP ROUND 9

2022 ANZP ROUND 92022-05-06T13:48:58+10:00
Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author

A clearly frustrated George Fisher has been replaced. Steel still not completely out of this but they’ve been outscored 12-3 in this last Q. Pulse looking good for the win.

Full time: Pulse 50-44

Incredible last Q. 15-5 to Pulse. Unfortunately, Steel’s game fell apart somewhat as Pulse lifted. In the end, after leading at 3/4 time, Steel goes away without even a bonus point.

RMB
        Participant

Frustrated or did she want to punch jury? I wonder if they will come up against each in comm. games! It looked like a very physical match!
          Looks like Lokotui won’t be back soon 🙁

NZChampion
          Participant

Well done Pulse! Love a good come back! Dunn for CWGs! Why not. Not sure Eke is up for it unfortunately. Not really liking some of Baileys stats either. Tiana is going missing at times, Maia isnt herself at all. Nweke isn’t ready. Is Maria and Irene available? ?

Ftness seemed to beat Steel. All of a sudden the contesting (especially Renae) turned into bashing or chasing bibs. After playing 3 good quarters, it all caught up on them.

Full time: Pulse 50-44

Fisher 29/34 (85%)
              Tui 14/16 (88%)
              G Heffernan 1/4 (25%)
              TOTAL 44/54 (82%)

Dunn 36/37 (97%)
              Metuarau 14/19 (74%)
              TOTAL 50/56 (89%)

Assists: Souness 22
              Gains: Jury, Burley 6

MVP: Maddy Gordon (Pulse)

mcleod
              Participant

Fisher got a warning for dissent. Or something like that. Jury got Fisher all work up.

RMB
                Participant

She lets Fitzpatrick do that to her too, wonder if Bloxman told her to let it go…

Kwkiwi
                  Participant

Excellent comeback by the Pulse girls. I didn’t think they’d do it playing catch up ball for 3/4 of the game. Steel girls looked like they were out to play a game of rugby! Jury is not a dirty player so don’t know what Fisher was upset about. She fell over Jury’s outstretched leg.

One thing I think needs to be reviewed by the league administrators was Saunders contact when Lockotui went down. Looked like a big shove in the back to me that may have resulted in a season ending injury. The commentators wrongly called that Lokotui fell over by herself. Didn’t look like that to me. There was definitely contact from Saunders. I thought Selby Ricket got away with a lot of contact on Dunn too. Glad Dunn kept her composure and had an excellent game.

Nate
                    Participant

Good intense match up BUT umpires let it get way out of hand, especially from the steel players, like all of them taking the body line or late hits, wasn’t a good look at all. It did look like a rugby match, glad Pulse were able to pull through it and get the win.

Umpires shouldve called time, brought both captains over and tell them to settle the teams down or people will be sent off( weve seen that happen in previous seasons) Every other week we see umpires handing out cautions and warnings for a lot less then they went quiet till Fischer got her warning ( which is called for, any dissent towards an umpire isn’t on).

Sad for Lokotui to go down.

Yep Fischer tripped over, I don’t see that match up happening at CWG, England have Harten, Cardwell and even Housby thatll do better at GS than Fischer. She should get called for held balls a heck of a lot more.

I’d also like to see Steel have a home grown GS next year for once.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Nate.
                      Nesian
                      Participant

The Steel let that one slip. Very physical game and although I think the Steel got a couple of harsh calls in the end I don’t think it made a difference. The Pulse just seemed to flick a switch in that last quarter.

@Kwkiwi
                        I was about to say that you are incorrect about Saunders and that Lokotui did just fall over on her own but you are 100% correct. I just watched a replay of it and she did give Lokotui a decent shove just before she went down. Not good at all.

@Nate
                        The picking are pretty slim for the Steel with regards to homegrown shooters. Dunn is taken and there isn’t much else to be fair. Jen O’connell would be the only other choice but I don’t think she is playing at all this season. I did however watch her play a game of basketball and I was really impressed with her. She’s actually a lot more athletic than I realised. I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets picked up for national league basketball. I do hope she comes back to netball at some stage though.

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Go to Top