2022 Australian 21U Squad

2022 Australian 21U Squad2022-08-31T10:14:10+10:00
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      WeWood
      Participant

Martina Reekers was with the Magic in what I can only assume was a training partner capacity during ANZP and got some court time. Was quite raw, but is still 17-18 I think. Interesting she has been snapped up in this squad.

D-fencr
        Participant

From my count 7 of those players are shooters – seems a bit light on in defence and midcourt. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

StatsNerd21
          Participant

You’re right- 7 shooters, 4 defenders (one of which is unavailable) and 3 middies. Hopefully some of the shooters can play WA but selection seems very strange.

t_aus
            Participant

Can anyone confirm if Hannah Mundy is u/21 I thought she was? Maybe wrong but surely should be on the list?

Kerryn
              Participant

@t_aus Mundy’s dob in 10/6/01 so she was 21 in June – maybe was left out as she would only be eligible for the rest of this year

Betty
                Participant

I think you’ll find Mundy is in the Aussie development or A squad. Positions mean nothing, they’re not playing anyone.

Tully
                  Participant

Horjus is 2002 born so is eligible but not selected as well.

Have they announced a development squad this year? Maybe they plan to shortly and they will both be there. They were in last years.

Yeah, that’s what I’m guessing. The ones not named here will probably be named in the development squad. They haven’t announced that yet. And quite a few from that squad will be at Fast5.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Go to Top