2022 Cadbury Series

2022 Cadbury Series2022-05-20T14:11:44+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 Cadbury Series

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 271 total)
  • Author

Ian Harkin

Netballfan1
    Participant

I think the selections that are concerning me are Mes, Johnson and even Saunders to some extent.
    Who would be better though? Perhaps Temu, Ekanasio/Dunn and Gordon?
    I’m really liking Souness + crampton and so grateful it seems we’ve seen the end of Winders+ Kersten stint as the SF C options

mcleod
    Participant

I’m still struggling as to how Kayla Johnson walked her way into the ferns, as thats what she does mostly on court.

WeWood
    Participant

I actually floated five midcourters a while ago and had Heffernan slide to GD in pool games. That was to have a number of midcourt options, including Gordon to really change things up.

Never thought that would actually fly, but if Johnson is purely used at WD then, there are.. five middies.

Would rather Saunders/Karaka be used as back-up WDs to Heffernan – Saunders for speed, Karaka for hands over the ball and keep Kayla focused on GD. I think her fitness better suits GD.

Netfan212
    Participant

Going by the interview Noel’s done straight after the match.. it seems she starting to realise that error… Johnson, karaka, Mes, and Saunders have all failed to fire.. that’s almost your whole bench.

I’ll give them the benefit though, it’s not like they’ve been given enough time in court. Johnson needs to be a GD option, she’s to slow out at WD

WeWood
    Participant

You’d back Saunders in. She’s been the midcourt rescue Queen the last couple years, has good combinations with Crampton and Heffernan and still very much has value to add.

Mes, can they change her shooting action in two weeks? The heavy knee bend and the ball coming out of the hands is not working. I said it after Game 1, she needs a more economic Kumwenda style of release in my highly uneducated opinion. Maybe she could be used as a defence back up option 😂

Karaka and Johnson need all the vitamins, sleep and sunshine I think.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Whether she should be in the team or not, to me, it just doesn’t look good seeing Johnson with that big knee brace on.

minkie
    Participant

Ian I feel a real hypocrite by even commenting because I was shocked and surprised Bayes being named
    But yeah I agree te Kayla, Sam so unsure why she got picked if has a knee brace on???

ahdz
    Participant

Whilst I do agree, I feel for NZ sports people. The public are ruthless in their opinions 😂😂😂 the NZA win wasn’t deemed good enough because of the shooting %, the loss to the men is a sign of doom.

Nate
    Participant

Im still holding reserve till comm games. Noels def wouldnt be putting out everything for other teams to see and try and deal with.

Does anyone know about the travelling reserves? What does it take for them to come into the team? Ie injury or covid and does that have to happen before the first game or can it happen any time during the comm games?

minkie
    Participant

Netfan GS is Bailey’s preferred position but with Grace and Maia there, that’ll never happen

Ian Harkin

NZ A v AOTEAROA MEN

NZ A
    GS Ekenasio
    GA Metuarau
    WA Toeava
    C Winders
    WD Kersten
    GD Temu
    GK Burley

NZ Men
    GS Jefferies
    GA Smith
    WA Bell
    C Grimmer
    WD Tainui-Knox
    GD Rich
    GK Apisai

Viewers outside NZ https://www.netballpass.com/

JR
    Participant

Diamonds have 3 Travelling Reserves. Are NZ only taking 2 – centre court player and defender but not a goaler? If so, was the decision based on fitness? And can that be changed given how well Ekenasio is playing in NZA this comp.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 Cadbury Series