2022 Cadbury Series

2022 Cadbury Series2022-05-20T14:11:44+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 Cadbury Series

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Heffernan at C didn’t do it for me. We don’t need her there when we have Saunders and Souness playing so well in the middle

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

Nate
    Participant

@RMB yes eke is a travelling reserve.

Agreed about the SF v nza preseason hit out, also said Nweke wasn’t involved with that game which can see would make a huge difference.

Enjoyed the game, def thought it was going to be closer especially after 1st quarter.

Rotations a plenty which made it a bit disjointed. Thought the last quarter with sulu and karaka actually showed some mongrel which they haven’t shown at all during ANZP.
    Keeping an open mind about the squad till they actually start playing the CWG and locking down which combos work and don’t.

Shooting end has a very good feel of variety to it. Glad they all had different runs, % was a little off however but could be put down to first game nerves? Maybe seeing some TPSR at GS and Mes running GA?

Souness at C was a good watch and Heffernan at WD was better, I find with NZ zone you don’t always have to be the speediest D because they don’t play ‘chase the attacker’ style defence.

meg02
    Participant

Just watching start of netball coverage. You may have noticed just 2 travelling reserves. No Ameliaranne or Tiana. Just don’t understand that.

Ian Harkin

MIXED INVITATIONAL v NZ A

Mixed
    GS Gerber
    GA Heffernan
    WA Gordon
    C Scherian
    WD Swartz
    GD Owen
    GK de Bruin

NZ A
    GS Ekenasio
    GA Metuarau
    WA Toeava
    C Winders
    WD Kersten
    GD Manu’a
    GK Temu

Viewers outside NZ: https://www.netballpass.com/

amandalouise
    Participant

New Zealand does make huge use of the “short pass” rule change from whenever it happened. I don’t like it, I think it is very unfair on defenders, with only needing to be able to get a hand in. I wonder what Australian coaching is doing to counteract it as I feel it is not a part of their game

minkie
    Participant

No different to the 3 pointer or time out that NZ doesn’t have

Ian Harkin

The mixed team went to 1/4 time, up 16-12 and they’ve extended their lead early in the 2nd Q. Now up 21-13, and Laura Scherian and Kelsey Browne are now both on court together.

Netfan212
    Participant

If only Browne and scherian were available for the ferns.. they’re absolutely shredding the nza WD and C.. Can’t believe the Diamonds don’t want Kelsey..

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Mixed 27-20

Namana 5/5 (100%)
    Faitaua-Nanai 6/6 (100%)

Ekenasio 11/13 (85%)
    Hume 5/7 (71%)

Assists Scherian 12
    Gains Owen, de Bruin 3

Good game. The ageless Leana de Bruin had 3 gains in the Q. She formed a great combo with Kyle Owen.

amandalouise
    Participant

except that the stupid 2 pointers and time outs are just in SSN, the short pass is an international rule :)

Netballfan1
    Participant

Winders really needs to work on her discipline, and her reactions when pulled up by the umpire. I find her very disrespectful

Ian Harkin

Full time: Mixed 59-47

Gerber 36/41 (88%)
    Namana 9/9 (100%)
    Faitaua-Nanai 9/10 (90%)
    Heffernan 5/5 (100%)

Ekenasio 19/22 (86%)
    Hume 11/16 (69%)
    Metuarau 12/14 (86%)
    Vui 5/7 (81%)

Assists: Gordon 17
    Gains: Owen 7

Ian Harkin

Not surprisingly, Kyle Owen is player of the match. He was spectacular out there.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 Cadbury Series