2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)

2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)2022-08-03T19:46:20+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Amazing game. Would have been a bigger score line in Jamaica’s favour if they had converted some of their gains. No one will be able to stop Fowler at this tournament. It’s weird the way they put on two NZ umpires both who have a very pedantic style which the SSN players wouldn’t be used to. I thought Sterling had a couple of clean blocked shots. None of the 50-50 calls went jamaica’s way.

NZ aren’t going to come close to Jamaica or Australia. Hard to say if they will get up against England. England have a few weak spots but their shooting circle should dominate the ferns defenders especially as they are used to shooting the long shot from ssn.

ahdz
      Participant

Does this mean the winner of NZ and ENG play Aus? Time to test out all the combos Aunty Noel’s ?

Netfan212
        Participant

I almost feel the ferns have a better chance at making the gold medal match if they lose today against England. NZ have a better chance right now at beating Aus, than they are at Jam… hence I have a feeling if Noel’s had some doubt about rotating players in this match, there isn’t any now.

TB
          Participant

I thought the same @Netfan212. But now, I don’t know it would be a good thing to come up against a wounded Diamonds team.
            I say let them take their frustrations out on England, and then clean them up in the GF (if we get there).

catman2
            Participant

So if the kiwis lose against the poms, they’d play Jamaica in the semi.

Not sure who I’d like Aus to play in the semis. I hope Stacey and the coaches learn (really quickly) from this (doubt it) because she didn’t react when the players started to ebb and tire. It felt like a repeat from the CWG final in 2018 where LA sat there and expected the team on court to figure it out. Never happened and we lost the gold. Hope this is a warning that she has to make some changes if we’re struggling in the semi. Better to go down fighting than sitting and doing nothing.

thunder123
              Participant

Slightly concerned australia will be playing off for bronze.
                Props to world netball for having more than a two legged race

Netfan212
                Participant

This could quickly turn into an ugly campaign for Aus, very quickly. If England win today, they will know what’s needed to win against the diamonds with their recent history.

That fact we might get the gold medal match everyone was expecting in the semis ?

Even more, we could see a England/ JAM final, and a Aus/NZL bronze is just ???

capsule
                  Participant

I think Australia still has a better team than both England and NZ right now, but the thought of having to face the Roses fresh off a win and with an English crowd worries me more. That being said, I really want to see New Zealand play Jamaica! So I guess I’ll be happy either way. (Happier if Australia wins.)

Nate, today was Jamaica’s 6th win in history against Australia, their first in 11 years and their first in a major tournament.

Netfan212
                      Participant

Just Australia’s 4th loss in Games history. JAM came very close to upsetting them in 2006 in pool play, this time they get the business done. Obviously their first 3 to NZL in ‘06 and 10, and England in ‘18.

The teams that have won pool play, have gone onto the gold medal match.

NZ have games history on their side beating England all but once, in 2018. While England hold the upper had in recent encounters.

1/4 time: Northern Ireland 14 v Trinidad & Tobago 5

1/2 time: Northern Ireland 24 v Trinidad & Tobago 15

netballgirl
                            Participant

T&Ts doing better in the 2nd quarter and tier to 10 goals each.
                              If they can get their transition from defence in check they might win this game.

3/4 time: NI 32 v T&T 22

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 280 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top