2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)

2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)2022-08-03T19:46:20+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A difficult game to assess. England won by a convincing margin but had two big lapses to let the Ferns back in.

The only certainty here seems to be that Jamaica will be playing for gold. I mean that as no disrespect to NZ, they just seem close to unstoppable.

Traditionally, Jamaica play well against NZ, and they are a couple of notches above their usual this tournament.

mcleod
      Participant

If Ferns fail to medal, I see 3/4 of this team, not playing in the series v Jamaica and Australia

NB12
        Participant

Slight bonus for Australia is a few more hours to rest? Haha. Gosh know they need it.

I wonder where Hadley is at with her fitness?

IMCOOL123
          Participant

Hard luck girls. Just not good enough today.

Take your learnings from that game and move on and get ready for Jamaica (which is still a very winnable match for us. And in all honestly, is the matchup I would prefer to play in the semis).

I think this game may have exposed some player selections, but not sure the players that missed out would have made much more of a difference. I think Noeline was always on the backfoot with this tournament, as she had the weakest pool of players to select from, out of the big 4 (which I hate to admit). I haven’t lost hope though, and still think this will be a 50/50 match up. :yes:

On the other hand, England were definitely the better team today, but I’m still confident that Aussie will beat them in the Semis.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by IMCOOL123.
            • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by IMCOOL123.

Saturday’s Semi-Finals:

9am – Jamaica v New Zealand (6pm AEST, 8pm NZ, 3am Jam)
              2:30pm – England v Australia (11:30pm AEST, 1:30am NZ)

Netfan212
              Participant

I can almost see Noel’s grinning at this result. I mean she certainly wanted the win, but they’ve now avoided a semi with Aus.The diamonds probably wanted the ferns to win because they know the can beat them come finals, and now there’s a real possibility they don’t even play for gold.

Ferns now get the “easier” semi. Hoping the experience against Maw, Uganda T&T will prepare them well against Jam. In saying that, 10 goal loss is pretty terrible. Some serious analysis needed.

Whilst I can easily have seen the Diamond beat the ferns in the semis- if they meet on the bronze I can almost see the ferns take it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Netfan212.

I think Tracey Neville let the cat out of the bag early with a signing in another year, didn’t she?

WeWood
                  Participant

Would Taurua be better to put Karaka and Johnson together in the circle with Heffernan in front of them and give them free reign?

Both Jury and Fitzpatrick would be largely ineffective against Fowler I imagine.

Mes in defence is looking good to me ?

museboy
                    Participant

I would have put on the Sulu/Phoenix backline at half time, while TPSR is clearly the better GA but she doesn’t take her feet to the ball, which I think would be gobbled up by the Jamaica defence.

mcleod
                      Participant

They way Jamaica celebrated last night, was interesting, wonder if they be flat come tomorrow

D-fencr
                        Participant

Right now I wouldn’t call the semi against a fired-up Jamaica an easier prospect than a banged-up Australia, honestly.

TB
                          Participant

Would it be disappointing if the GF still was NZ/Aus?

NB12
                            Participant

Not to me, TB. May the best teams get to the final – they will have earned it!

Interview with Rob Wright…

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg1YQcbBEpO/

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 280 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top