2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)

2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)2022-08-03T19:46:20+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 280 total)
  • Author

Jamaica wins!

enozlas
      Participant

Amazing!!!!! As an Aussie I am actually so happy for Jamaica. Wow what a match.

Yoon
        Participant

JAMAICA HAVE IT!!!

WeWood
          Participant

Wowwee. Amazing Jamaica. Never seen Rob Wright so animated at the end there.

Jitters from the Diamonds.

Australian fans would not want to see Bruce or Weston with ball in hand in the dying minutes/pressure moments.

StatsNerd21
            Participant

…wow. Congratulations to Jamaica, they stood up and kept their cool when it mattered and had defensive pressure. As an Aussie, I’m not too pleased about this result- you’re not going to win a gold medal with a performance like that.

NB12
              Participant

Well done Jamaica.

I am calling something here… a few games ago Sue Gaudian said “Australia will get a medal, that’s a certainty” but she actually meant to say they will be in a medal match (I think).

I thought in that moment she had jinxed the aussies and now it is playing out.

Jayceenz
                Participant

Wow amazing game Jamaica! Man that Rob Wright gets around. Never know where he is going to pop up next!

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

I really hope the Diamonds recover well because we’re gonna have to put out a great performance to win against England (or maybe Ferns if there’s an upset).

NB12
                    Participant

I think Koenen would have been a good change, and move Bueta forward. Wood was good on the shot but she had a couple of fumbles in general play. That change would have given Jamaica something very different to think about.

Austin probably would have been handy at WA with her defensive skills. Watson was really close a few times but was too short.

capsule
                      Participant

Jamaica’s defence was incredible in the last quarter. They deserved it.

I’m not unhappy the Diamonds lost, but it stings to think we exhausted Wood and Watson for a loss. Something should have been changed in the attack during the last quarter because Wood was spent and Bueta wasn’t offering enough.

I really hope both Australia and Jamaica win their semis (sorry Roses and Silver Ferns fans!) because I think a rematch will be amazing to watch.

tina_138
                        Participant

Does Australia now play the winner or loser of the Eng v NZ game?

NB12
                          Participant

The winner.

Moloney doesn’t cut it for me. She was behind her player both in attack and defence.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by NB12.
                            Yoon
                            Participant

Sterling making up for those questionably called rejections earlier with a terrific one in the last couple of minutes to seal the game for Jamaica.

Obvs both sides will have wanted to win for their confidence and test their resilience against tougher competition etc, but I do wonder if given the level playing field of the semis and Hadley’s injury Diamonds will regret not rotating their bench a bit more to rest bodies for the play-offs. Like how Noels did in the Aus-NZ pool game at 2019 world cup, and taking a narrow loss, before sticking with her top 7 for the final rematch.

As a Roses supporter an Eng-Jamaica final would be the dream and least stressful to watch 😉 , would be so happy for either side to win! Hope tonight’s game will be just as thrilling :bye:

Yoon
                              Participant

Sterling making up for those questionably called rejections earlier with a terrific one in the last couple of minutes to seal the game for Jamaica.

Obvs both sides will have wanted to win for their confidence and test their resilience against tougher competition etc, but I do wonder if given the level playing field of the semis and Hadley’s injury Diamonds will regret not rotating their bench a bit more to rest bodies for the play-offs. Like how Noels did in the Aus-NZ pool game at 2019 world cup, and taking a narrow loss, before sticking with her top 7 for the final rematch.

As a Roses supporter an Eng-Jamaica final would be the dream and least stressful to watch 😉 , would be so happy for either side to win! Hope tonight’s game will be just as thrilling :bye:

Stoj
                                Participant

Jamaica produced the goods when it counted. I think a change needed to be made in attack – Wood was just not driving into the circle enough. Would have liked to have seen Aryang have more game time – I think she has the aerial ability to match well against this team.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Stoj.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 280 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top