2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)

2022 Commonwealth Games – Day 7 (Aug 4)2022-08-03T19:46:20+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a feeling DNT will still do her rotation thing. I don’t think she is going to show all her cards in this final round game.
      Let’s face it, there is no easy road to the finals.

Wales:
        GS Rowe
        GA Creak
        WA Dyke
        C Drane
        WD Jones
        GD Powell-Davies
        GK Shaw

Barbados:
        GS Wharton
        GA Blackman
        WA Holder
        C Rock-Yaw
        WD Browne
        GD Stoute
        GK Azore-Bruce

NB12
        Participant

Creak and Rowe are impressive. Both accurate shooters.

1/4 time: Wales 18-10 Barbados

After a disappointing tournament so far, Barbados were quite competitive in that opening Q. Let’s see if they can continue to improve. Wales still on top though.

thunder123
            Participant

Ian, do you know if the Australian final will be the early or late game on Saturday.

1/2 time: Wales 34-23 Barbados

CREAK 12/15
                ROWE 21/24

BLACKMAN 11/11
                WHARTON 12/15

Definitely an improved performance from Barbados today, but Wales still with a handy lead. Bethan Dyke 19 assists in a half. Tremendous.

The timing of the semis is all reliant on what England does, because they will be placed in the late game. If England wins their game today, then Australia plays them in the semis and that will be the late game. If England loses, Australia plays NZ in the semis and that will be the early game.

Fluffy
                  Participant

So impressive from Jamaica – they looked to be getting a bit ragged midway through the second quarter but tidied it up and really focused. In past games, that would have been the point where the wheels came off – but not this time. For someone who plays on Fowler all the time, I’m afraid I though Bruce was dreadful (come at me!): familiarity certainly didn’t give her the inside track on what needed to be done. And that Jamaican unit was so disciplined! Well played Rob Wright.

Now to Eng/NZ – it’s a delicious prospect!

TB
                    Participant

Okay don’t come at me because I only saw half the game. But seriously, I don’t think there was much else Bruce could do.
                      Rob Wright said in an interview “you can’t stop Fowler, you have to limit everyone else around her” (not his exact words but there abouts).

Latonia Blackman putting on a bit of a show for Barbados here. Remember, it’s her SIXTH Commonwealth Games tournament. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Wales 42-30

3/4 time: Wales 46-33 Barbados

Wales safely in front in this one, but it has been far and away the most impressive performance from Barbados in the tournament so far.

Nate
                          Participant

Anyone know how many times Jamaica has beaten Australia?

al_ex
                            Participant

I wasn’t so disappointed in Bruce losing the one on one contest with Fowler, more that she didn’t come off the body at all and challenge outside the circle. I don’t think she has such a great combination with Weston either, they don’t really work as a unit and when the man on style doesn’t work they look a bit lost. I’d be trying her more with Aryang or bring on Klau to play with Weston (who plays quite similarly to Turner).

Full time: Wales 60-44

WALES
                                CREAK 30/33 (91%)
                                ROWE 21/24 (88%)
                                ROBERTS 9/14 (64%)
                                TOTAL 60/71 (85%)

BARBADOS
                                WHARTON 21/27 (78%)
                                BLACKMAN 19/19 (100%)
                                AGARD 4/5 (80%)
                                TOTAL 44/51 (86%)

ASSISTS: DYKE 25
                                GAINS: STOUTE 7

It’s a shame we didn’t see some of this from Barbados earlier in the tournament. They’ve been much more competitive today, eventually going down by 16 goals. Well played. But Wales takes the win which should see them finish fourth in the group.

netballgirl
                                Participant

I’m happy for Jamaica!! Now sterling and Wilson can bring the winning culture back to the thunderbirds next season.

Also what I noticed, when there was a momentum swing, it felt like the diamonds didn’t know how to react. It’s like they were waiting for a “time out” that never came. Good work Jamaica, this will be good for world netball to see them win gold.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 280 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top