2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)

2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)2022-08-06T11:52:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dangerous territory for the Diamonds here, lead back down to 6…

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

Wow what a wasted opportunity there for Australia. Klau needs to come on I think, and Diamonds attack just absolutely stuck in attack right now.

enozlas
        Participant

SM’s unwillingness to bench Bruce might be Australia’s undoing for the next few years…

StatsNerd21
          Participant

Definitely time to bring Klau on, I don’t think Bruce has any more tricks up her sleeve to deal with Cardwell. Come on Aussies, hold on!!!!

Netballcrazy1
            Participant

That pop from Cardwell is working so well for England, Diamonds defence have had no answer to that.

sarahk90
              Participant

Assuming Australia win this, I wonder if they’ll start with the same 7 who lost to Jamaica for the GF

Australia is off to the gold medal game.

Full time: Aust 60-51

ENGLAND
                  CARDWELL 22/24 (92%)
                  HARTEN 16/17 (94%)
                  HOUSBY 13/14 (93%)
                  TOTAL 51/55 (93%)

AUSTRALIA
                  BUETA 43/44 (98%)
                  WOOD 17/20 (85%)
                  TOTAL 60/64 (94%)

ASSISTS: WATSON 27
                  GAINS: BRUCE 4

enozlas
                  Participant

Will be interesting to see which of Aus/Jam can run out the gold medal match, both teams played essentially the same 7 in their semi’s and match against each other so will be some very tired bodies.

capsule
                    Participant

I think Australia will (and should) start with this 7, I just hope there’s a willingness to make changes if needed. And a better defensive strategy.

I’ve seen talk about Klau being injured so doesn’t seem like she’s as much of an option as usual unfortunately.

Great to see the Diamonds withstand the pressure tonight!

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Well done to the Diamonds who worked through the tough moments but do I think they can afford these types of errors tomorrow? No. Jamaica will convert fast on every single one of those turnovers so it will be interesting to see the positions tomorrow, especially considering the exhaustion some of these players must be feeling.

al_ex
                        Participant

What a dominant attacking performance from the Diamonds. England just had no answers, similar to the Ferns against Jamaica. If they can play with that speed and consistency it feels like they will get over the Jamaicans. A thrilling final though, it will be one of the most athletic finals we’ve ever had.

With Bueta playing this well do we see her push Wallam to the bench at F’Birds? I guess we’ll have to see the form of Stower.

Flb
                          Participant

I hope Klau isn’t injured – although it would explain not bringing her on tonight.

I have questioned the selection of Moloney and I am so glad she played well tonight.

Strange tournament where the Diamonds and SF won’t play each other!

al_ex
                            Participant

I wonder how England will bounce back tomorrow. After losing at the death to the Ferns in 2014 they put out a really poor match against Jamaica. They played well against RSA in 2019 though after missing out on the Gold Medal match. I think they’ll be more down than the Ferns and will have less time to recover, it should be interesting to see.

NB12
                              Participant

I think for Bueta to shine at GS she needs a strong GA and C/WA ala Diamonds standard and that’s why you won’t see her there as much in SSN.

Well done Diamonds, the two top teams of the tournament have made the final. I hope the Diamonds get gold but I wouldn’t be too upset to see the Jamaicans celebrating their first ever Gold.

Netfan212
                                Participant

I think Australia will reverse the result from yesterday and win gold. Jamaica have played brilliantly, but Australia showed their still the worlds best. They won’t let this slip.
                                  As for the bronze- i really can’t see how NZ are suppose to medal. 1 bad performance fine it happens, 2 in a row, there’s a pattern emerging. It will absolutely shock me now if they come away with a win.

Here’s the thing with England, Jamaica and Australia, aside from one or two exceptions, they’ve picked the best players they possibly could have. These squads are likely gonna be unchanged come WC. NZ, half the team is at home watching this horror show ?
                                  For them it’s really whether to they have enough time to form those connections. Even if the ferns win bronze (which they won’t), half this team gone by the end of the campaign. Good riddance

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Netfan212.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top