2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)

2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)2022-08-06T11:52:33+10:00

Forums International 2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t know that a full strength nz team could have won today (with all the missing players). Love to see Jamaica doing well

sue
    Participant

Gosh what a disappointing game to watch. The better team won tonight. The ferns looking flat from the start with no clear leaders to spark a fight back . Shows how much we miss Jane Watson and ekenasio as they are well able to do that …

JR
    Participant

Can watch Sterling all day every day. And Wilson.

With Cardwell coming to the Thunderbirds, how good will they be in 2023.

Ward was amazing, ditto Beckford.

NZ had no answer to stopping the ball into Fowler.

Jinxibo
    Participant

I expected a Jamaica win but not by that margin.

It’s 10.30 am here so it’s off to the shops and chores time. Will be back for the second semi with popcorn and pimps. The sun is shining so am considering watching in the garden. Predicting a closer game, think Cardwell will start suspect Bruce will start at GD to get an immediate impact.

sarahk90
    Participant

I’m an Aussie but find myself really wanting Jamaica to win. I feel like they want it the most and would feel so appreciate for the win as well.

I also really like England. As a Tbirds fan, I can’t help but going for going for Cardwell, Sterling and Wilson

colin
    Participant

Any word on whether Paige Hadley will be playing?

JR
    Participant

Sarah, and you have Gorgeous Horjus.

greenasgxld
    Participant

Jamaica have to win gold. If they don’t, I’ll be disappointed for them. Two outstanding performances back to back. I was concerned about their attacking middies before the tournament, but they’ve really delivered. Their defence end has been so prolific for a while and it’s great to see that their middies and attack are rewarding them. It’s also gonna help their domestic league back home. The sponsorship and backing they’ll receive will be life-changing after this performance. The netball order was truly shaken up in 2018. Amazing

I don’t see NZ medalling, and I didn’t before the games began. Some of the selections just haven’t worked and they still puzzle me. Johnson, Mes, the midcourt bar Heffernan, the defence end? I don’t see a good 60% of this squad making the WC. No one stepped up and led, just very flat performances. I can’t help but feel that they backed themselves into a corner by emphasising fitness > form.

Nesian
    Participant

Look on the bright side. At least we looked fitter, didn’t we because that’s what really matters? ;-)

Great game Jamaica, you well and truly dominated us. I’m really not looking forward to the home series against them.

Once our team was announced I thought we would finish 4th and it’s still looking that way, I did however think that Oz were going to win the Gold and that’s not the case anymore. I don’t see anyone beating Jamaica as long as their mid court can hold it together like they have been.

sarahk90
    Participant

JR – who I’m hoping will be in the Diamonds squad soon!

StatsNerd21
    Participant

I logically want Diamonds to take gold as they don’t have either major trophy atm, but Jamaica want it more and at this stage have earned it more. I feel like it’s their time and I wouldn’t be at all disappointed to see them win :yahoo: ! Would be great for Sterling to finally get some reward for her brilliance too.

nanator
    Participant

Well played by Jamaica. So good to see Fowler have a big smile on her face and walk out proud. She’s a great captain for them, and feels like is setting the standard for her teammates.

NZ does not have any current players available for selection that could have beaten Jamaica. Period. Fitness is the basics, because even this ‘fit’ group of Ferns seemed to have run out of gas in this game. Some good things to take home for the Ferns.

First big major tournament for Wilson and Nweke. We forget that Wilson is still new to this Silver Ferns scene, and the experience from her only help her grow for next year. Either of these two ladies with Eke would be killer. Souness simmered down as the tournament went on, but this tournament exposed Crampton massively. I really hope NZ looks to develop Souness or MRB as the next starting WA.

I thought Heffernan was solid at WD for most of the tournament. NZ were missing a zippy WD to shut down play, and I think Winders will be back. Jury was the only saving grace in defence.

Wilson, Nweke, TPSR, Sounness, Heffernan, Jury to all be back for NWC. We’re in a growing phase, and players will develop. The better team won at the end of the day, and they are damn right a very very good team currently.

nanator
    Participant

Ward 27, Sterling 26, Dehaney 25, Wilson 20

World netball is going to be terrified by these 4 for hopefully another plenty of years and I am fully here for it!

Unearth some more Jamaican talent please?!!

minkie
    Participant

Congrats to Jamaica
    I’d hoped they’d win months ago
    Didn’t think us Ferns would loose by that much
    If that’s PURE for you, we’ll sorry it can go where the sun doesn’t shine
    Embarrassed and disheartened.

jump321
    Participant

Congratulations to Jamaica.

Disappointing from the ferns but like others have said I don’t think we would of won even if we had the players left at home. I think Noles needs to take some of the blame. Not sure her selection of the starting 7 worked. She seems fascinated on Wilson and I don’t think she’s the answer at international level. Dear I say it, I think they may have been better going with a Mes over her. Our best combination all tournament was Nweke & TPSR. But the real problem seemed to be the defensive end.

Full credit to Jamaica though. Fowler was just outstanding, probably the best GS we have ever seen.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)