2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)

2022 Commonwealth Games Semi Finals – Day 9 (Aug 6)2022-08-06T11:52:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Interestingly I would’ve thought two NZ umpires would reign it in more than most as they seem to love to dish out cautions in the ANZP…

1/2 time: Aust 29-23

CARDWELL 3/4
        HARTEN 11/11
        HOUSBY 9/9

BUETA 22/23
        WOOD 7/8

Nate
        Participant

Going from watching beautiful skillful Jamaican defence and flow to whoever smashes hardest and gets the ball wins. But hey thats how aussie and england usually play i guess.

al_ex
          Participant

Watching Bueta dominate like this at GS makes me genuinely wonder how it has taken so long to get her playing there. Arguably the second best GS in the world after Fowler and I wouldn’t say she’s the best GA with her turnovers.

I think England need Housby back on, Harten is getting caught up in the niggle with Bruce. Allison has had another good entrance.

Stoj
            Participant

Loving Ash Braz! Doing so much work to shutdown Metcalf. I’d like to see Klau come on at GK. Bruce has given away a few silly penalties and I can see it getting expensive as the game goes on.

A number of the 50/50 decisions are going the way of the diamonds. If that changes, they’re in big trouble.

Yoon
              Participant

Never heard so much crowd booing for the umpires in a live game ever, the male one seems to be making so many questionable calls re missed replayed balls, footwork (e.g. when they showed Bueta falling out of court), held balls etc. Not that Aus are playing badly, but if it comes down to 1 or 2 goals diff I genuinely think England could lose on the basis on some of these. Have commentators mentioned anything re the umpiring on TV?

NB12
                Participant

Bueta needs to stay in the circle, but if she does come out, Wood needs to drive in there.

Any time Bueta comes out, the Aussies get crammed into the middle of the court and stop using the width. It’s exactly what happened in the last quarter against Jamaica and SM even commented on it after the loss.

Jinxibo
                  Participant

Allison can play centre but is hesitant on the feed into the circle.

Guscoth can play WD with FB at GD. Guscoth plays really well against Watson.

capsule
                    Participant

Not impressed with Serena Kersten’s tweet about the umpires.

I do hope everyone adjusts in the second half. This kind of netball isn’t great to watch.

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Yep @yoon it has been noticed. Massive foot off the backline by Bueta.

IMCOOL123
                        Participant

England seem to whinge about every call. Noticed it in every single game.

Aussie, please put them out.

Nate
                          Participant

Umpires really should be controlling it better and thought nz whistle happies would be better. They should simply pull both captains aside and say enough is enough unless you want warnings and send offs to stop the constant niggle happening from both teams through out the whole court.

Jinxibo
                            Participant

Oh LA also made a comment about Bruce’s Oscar award winning performance :whistle:

enozlas
                              Participant

England have always carried on a lot on court and show their emotions, I’m more disappointed the Aussies seem to be getting caught up in it.

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

This feels likes its gonna be a repeat of the Jamaican Australia match ?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 207 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top