2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FINALS – Day 10 (Aug 7)

2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FINALS – Day 10 (Aug 7)2022-08-07T02:33:35+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Participant

One thing I’ve noticed about the Ferns in attack – in most instances no one moves until the player with the ball turns/looks down the court. Very stagnant.

All of a sudden a couple of turnovers and the lead is back to 5.

capsule
        Participant

I’m still mostly hoping for the Ferns to take this one but SFB is making me feel a bit conflicted! Happy to see her having a good last game.

NZ 38-32

Shinebright
            Participant

I am really happy for Jamaica making the finals. The semi finals lost to England at last commonwealth games was a hard one for the team and Jamaica. Win lose or draw (overtime ultimately to decide) extremely proud of the team execution. Jamaica is buzzing and it was a great Independence Day holiday gift to the nation. Nicole Dixon-Rochester has been a standout. She is the glue that connects both ends.
              I respect Rob Wright and all he has done, he has been focusing on the defensive end which was always the strongest end for Jamaica over the past few years. Connie Francis has been toiling with team especially in the covid era with little and no resources. She has pushed to achieve and maintain fitness and not to mention a degree of composure, worked on passes and the transition along the court. I really think she should get her flowers and all the credits she rightfully deserves. I am in disbelief at times how the team was able to work through the zone defence and even the tight man on man markings. The Sunshine has won in my eyes first time ever topping their pool, beating a very strong Australia outfit and OMG making a gold/silver finals.
              Again credits to coach Connie Francis and also grateful for the assistant coach Rob Wright and all he has offered to the team and local coaches across the island.

Stop showing the players and the crowd while the game is going on!!!

Yoon
                Participant

Ironic everyone was worried about Jamaica having played their final Vs Australia, I think this might actually have been England Vs NZ in the pool game.

Everytime Roses get a potentially momentum-shifting turnover it seems to gets thrown away, or they can’t continue building on it. Frustrating but Ferns definitely playing the better game ATM and kudos to them.

NZ 40-33

StatsNerd21
                    Participant

Exactly how I feel @capsule
                      So glad SFB is doing well but I’m going for NZ today
                      She has an SSN premiership, that’s enough lol

WeWood
                      Participant

I think Ferns need fresh legs. TP looks stuffed, but I don’t know who to replace her with. I’d get Johnson on for the last 15 and tell her to go for flyers.

tina_138
                        Participant

Cardwell didn’t have this attitude during the quad series v Aus. Wonder what has changed..

3/4 time: NZ 41-35

NWEKE 34/37
                            SELBY-RICKIT 7/10

CARDWELL 22/24
                            HOUSBY 13/17

thunder123
                            Participant

Malcolm very hesitant on the feed. Think housby has injured her calf.

NB12
                              Participant

@tina_138 – Harten wasn’t in the Quad series, but she is part of this team. I don’t think she has a positive influence on anyone’s attitude.

StatsNerd21
                                Participant

People were describing Cardwell as cool-headed the other night, I’m a bit surprised at this from her to be honest. I really like her as a player and I didn’t think she was one to get caught up in the mess. She needs to chill!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by StatsNerd21.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 185 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top