2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FINALS – Day 10 (Aug 7)

2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FINALS – Day 10 (Aug 7)2022-08-07T02:33:35+10:00

Forums International 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FINALS – Day 10 (Aug 7)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ha tuned on with 45 seconds gone to see Bruce with a contact and then her ‘getting the ball back’ nonsense in the next 15 seconds. Then saw the chat on here about her.

capsule
    Participant

A much better defensive start from Australia. Really good to see Braz and Bruce able to contest early and win ball after the last game.

The attack is making me nervous. I don’t think it’s Bueta’s fault exactly, but I also think this Jamaican defence exposes her lack of experience at GS. I wanted to see Koenen play in the pool match because she has faced Sterling directly in SSN a lot more.

Morts
    Participant

This game has me so nervous. Not sure they diamonds attack can continue with that many passes all game. Jamaican defence is fantastic.

Bruce already with massive hands in the back of Fowler.. cue Fowler eye roll as Bruce stands out of play!

Come on Australia!!! 💎🇦🇺

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Aust 14-12

BECKFORD 1/1
    FOWLER 11/11

BUETA 11/11
    WOOD 3/4

Yoon
    Participant

Q1 Aus 14 – 12 Jam

Jamaica were down by 7 at one stage but a series of fantastic defensive turnovers have clawed it back. Aus feeds into Bueta are way more hesitant than usual but Wood has her eye in

Morts
    Participant

Changes
    Klau onto GK, Bruce to GD
    Bueta out to GA, Koenan to GS

So far, the changes are working well! Wouldn’t have picked Wood leaving the court, but good coaching from SM

enozlas
    Participant

Happy to say great changes by SM. I’d have kept Weston on but I’ll take it!

al_ex
    Participant

What an amazing game!

Excellent changes from Marinkovic, really good coaching. And what an entrance from Koenen, she’s got the Jamaican defenders’ heads spinning. Bueta having an easier time with a bit more space as well. I wonder if it’s a good idea for the Jamaicans to switch Wilson and Sterling, I think Sterling matches up much better on Bueta.

Brazill has been great but I think Williams will need to lift if Jamaica are to win. Beckford and Dixon-Rochestor have been really good but Williams just a few too many errors up in the midcourt. Ward also having less impact and making more errors than she was in earlier games.

Yoon
    Participant

HT 29 all

Aus changes definitely seem to have slowed down the Jamaica attacking end. Much longer gaps between goals, midcourt attack seems to be getting a bit stagnant, and the defenders are getting called for many more contacts in the circle than in the first quarter. The usual get out of jail lob to Fowler still working however, not much in it!

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: 29-29

BECKFORD 4/4
    FOWLER 25/26

BUETA 21/21
    KOENEN 5/5
    WOOD 3/5

capsule
    Participant

Great changes! It will be interesting to see if Steph and Jo come back on court at some point. Cara Koenen has really settled that circle. I expect the break will give Sterling and Wilson a chance to figure out how to combat the new combination, and Armstrong-Lush generally calls fewer penalties than Fowler, so should be an interesting third quarter.

Liz Watson having an excellent game. So tireless and strong. Though I’m a bit sad Jodi-Ann Ward doesn’t seem to be having the same impact as earlier games – maybe the fatigue is hitting?

Morts
    Participant

Klau, amazing!! 💪🏼

Morts
    Participant

Well this English crowd is certainly silent when they’re not booing Australia. Amazing start to this quarter by the Diamonds

enozlas
    Participant

Klau absolutely showing her worth and that she needed to be brought in in the pool match. Not sure how much more she needs to do to earn a start in future?

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Aust 45-39

BECKFORD 4/4
    FOWLER 35/36

BUETA 30/30
    KOENEN 12/12
    WOOD 3/5

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES FINALS – Day 10 (Aug 7)