2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 979 total)
  • Author

Well, we still don’t know the progress of the CBA discussions, but surely something will happen soon.

Vixens tonight said they’re announcing their first signing tomorrow. This is probably an assistant coach, but we’ll wait and see.

Joyjamie
      Participant

More likely be the Assistant Coach, who will it be. Dan Ryan maybe. Player announcements will not come yet but think everyone knows which players will be with Vixens next year.

It’s not even the assistant coach. It’s just Simone re-signing, which is no surprise at all!

Joyjamie
          Participant

Not a surprise, totally expected. Good thing about Netball is that unlike other sports you have a bad season and you don’t get sacked. all about the building process. Guess Simone will appoint her assistant shortly. who is the favourite?

Tully
            Participant

Well it surprises me that she got a 4 year contract. As for assistant if Di Honey wants it she would be in a great position. I’d like to see Eloise Southby.

@joyjamie
              I am curious as to who is playing for Vixens? I don’t think it’s clear at all. Which defender is dropped? Who are the shooters?

noname
              Participant

surely teams would be after sophie garbin has one of the best holds and is unbelievable in the air. i wonder if she would leave the swifts..

TB
                Participant

Garbin would be a good pickup for Fever, the ability to run between GA and GS. That’s if ATN or Glasgow decided to not return (or is not wanted).

sami j
                  Participant

I’d love to see Garbin as the starting GS at thunderbirds or magpies but whether they let go of their current GS is a different question. Garbin has well and truly shown she deserves a starting GS spot

Joyjamie
                    Participant

Without CBA in place maybe should stop speculating but for me Maloney, Watson and Weston will be there next season, Be major shock if they weren’t. Shooting end needs looking at as well.

Joyjamie
                      Participant

Think possibly new topic needs to be started 2022 signings rumours. If you look at Each of the teams how could they improve and also how much will a Covid come into play with signings. Also will the CBA include limits on Imports, hope not

With the Swifts will there be any changes? Will Garbin leave if she gets offered say Fever, Will Haythornwaite return home? Is Fraser WD for next season?
                        Vixens will improve but will need Shooters, Will Stanton be given another chance?
                        Fever need new coach first of all

amyrmy
                        Participant

I am holding out hope for Vixens to get Dwan. Hate to be spreading rumours about player personal life, but someone told me Dwan is dating Lara Dunkleys brother who is based in VIC (might be true, might not be). I hope that maybe having some connections down here, we might be able to tempt her to come on board 🙂 I love Firebirds coach but she only gave Tippah a run when things weren’t going their way, or to try the super shot.

Who can we contact to try find out the status of the CBA? I am so nosey and what an approx. date that it will be finalised.

Tully
                          Participant

Well Dwan was at the AFL with a Josh Dunkley badge on her beanie. Both Dwan and Josh Dunkley had to go into 14 days isolation after being at a cafe in Melbourne mid season. Make of that what you will.

Her personal life aside a move to Vixens to be a starting GA playing alongside Watson in WA would obviously be a very good career move for her.

Surely Samason will get a contract. Natural successor to Kumwenda in time and can play both GA and GS for now.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tully.
                            PICASSO123
                            Participant

I wanna see Wallam so bad get a contract in SSN. Not a training partner but an actual permanent contract. Also, Nyah Allen is really underrated. She should crossover to the VNSL. She deserves court time!

mcniffy23
                              Participant

Hopefully they announce signings soon!

Pennyk
                                Participant

Kiera Austin to Vixens is the hot topic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top