2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The Lightning website is down (looks like it’s hacked since it redirects) so I can’t read the article… 🙁

Very surprised though, you rarely see players leave the sport so early but good for her. Wish her success with her law career.

Joyjamie
      Participant

Well that’s three players who have now left Sunshine Coast Lightning. Interesting to see who will replace them. At the moment they are the club with the most players not returning followed by the Swifts on 2. Basing that on what has been announced.

Tully
        Participant

Giants also have two. Manu’a and Poolman.

@ PennyK if Dwan and Austin are at the Vixens where is Samason?

I’d love Austin to join Vixens. One of my favourite players for a long time. Austin and Samason would be a dream for me.

noname’s tasty snippet that Darcee Garbin has begun following the pies (only follows swifts and pies) does make me think you are on to something with Garbin….

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tully.
          Netballcrazy1
          Participant

Garbin at pies just feels like a bad idea. They have Nelson at GS, and in my opinion, Garbin’s best future lies there too.

Joyjamie
            Participant

Interesting to see where goes. with Fowler signed for Fever you would think return home not on the card just yet but you never know. She deserves a starting spot. by her leaving this would indicate that Housby and Wallace are definately staying but they need to add another shooter. Will they take a chance on Kelly Singleton or will they spring a surprise on us

Tully
              Participant

I’m not saying Garbin to the Pies is a good idea. It’s confusing. I’d rather Garbin went to T’Birds. But her sister following Pies now is interesting….

nanator
                Participant

If Bakewell-Doran and Veve don’t get picked up by firebirds, lightning should definitely try and nab them.

Also, now that Fowler is signed for two years – I would hope Wallam goes to Lightning. An attacking end of scherian-wood-Kieren-wallam would be lethal!

nanator
                  Participant

Also, my guess is Mannix to Lightning. Playing with Pretorious will definitely lift her game and chances for Diamonds

cookiesnjam
                    Participant

Now that Van Der Merwe is not returning to the Thunderbirds, I won’t be surprised to see Potgieter not return too. Perhaps Garbin will go there? I think a Horjus and Grabin combo would be great!

Joyjamie
                      Participant

With Garbin depends on what she is after. Starting position or the chance to challenge for Finals. might simply also be a question of wanting to go home, lockdown affects everyone differently, Guess we need more clubs to start announcing and then have more of an idea.

thunder123
                        Participant

I think all we need is a “new” player signing to really shake things up with rumours.

Maryann
                          Participant

Sharlene Van der Merwe to Lightning perhaps? The article on her leaving Thunderbirds gives no indication, that I noted, on what her intentions are.

Maryann
                            Participant

oops sorry Shardine

PICASSO123
                              Participant

Shadine to Lightning would be a really good move since Maddie retired. Also, she’s got that partnership with Pretorious. Also, someone brought up Veve. Yes, Lightning should go for Cassidy, Scherien, Van Der Merwe and Veve as their midcourt. Does Veve play three midcourt positions? Also, she’s too talented to be given a training partner spot.

blondebomb
                                Participant

How about a circle of Garbin, Austin & Horjus at Tbirds?? One can only dream..

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top