2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 977 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think one of the Giants shooters is going to Vixens BUT if it’s true that Dwan or Garbin is going to Vixens, I don’t see this being as likely (as I expect Samason, Barkmeyer, or another pathway shooter to get a position).

I also think Dehaney is going to Firebirds. Makes sense.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Okay so the NS article says that Garbin is a free agent… so not even signed anywhere yet. I take it back, there’s too many possibilities for me to even guess where people are going without some sort of proof.

mcniffy23
    Participant

I think Samason will, I personally don’t think barkmyer is up too ssn standard yet!

Joyjamie
    Participant

Part of the fun trying to guess where she ends up. like with Haythornthwaite she is returning to the Uk but which club, location will determine where. Good to see more clubs announcing signings. for me more interested in who Garbin replacement will be a the Swifts, will they promote Kelly Singleton or sign someone that would be happy to be a bench player. unless either Wallace or Housby leave which I think won’t happen

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Can someone remind me what Jenner’s injury was (for some reason I feel like it was Achilles or soemthing)? I can’t find a single article or club statement about it.

thunder123
    Participant

Do we have a time for tomorrows announcements?
    Do we have 2 x swifts, 1 x tbirds?

Joyjamie
    Participant

Don’t think they have said yet. The Swifts announced at 8.00am so could be the same time

Expecting either from the Swifts

Turner/Klau or
    Housby/Wallace

mcniffy23
    Participant

I know vixens one tomorrow is at 5pm again! The clue was someone you wouldn’t expect!

Ian Harkin

By “Free Agent”, all we mean is that it’s been announced that that player isn’t remaining with their 2021 team, and it hasn’t been announced yet where they’ll be in 2022. Sophie Garbin may well have already signed somewhere for next year, but it hasn’t been announced, so until it is, she’s listed as a free agent.

All of these other players that there are speculations about, normally the routine is that they or their current club announces that they’re leaving. And that hasn’t happened with most yet.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

My mistake! I definitely knew that so that’s my tired brain jumping to conclusions 😂

Ian Harkin

I thought I’d posted this but it appears I haven’t…

Swifts signings likely to be Klau & Turner in the morning. Swifts mentioned #159, and that is the Swifts numbers of Klau (83) and Turner (76) added together.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Glad something is keeping up with this. Like the way Swifts are announcing two players at once.

TB
    Participant

I feel like Stanton could be a good fit at Swift’s. It would definitely improve her game. And whether she plays at GA or GS, she’d have very strong players around her. Could be a handy player coming off the bench.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Well Swifts have announced Turner and Klau for 2 years, looking to be a pretty settled side for next couple of years. Big question is will Housby and Wallace get 2 years as well.

al_ex
    Participant

I like Stanton but I wouldn’t want her for the Swifts. Their strength is treasuring possession and having steady heads and even though Stanton has talent she is often too expensive. Someone more consistent like Singleton or a real rising star like Letherbarrow would be better fits in my opinion. It will be hard to lure Matisse though if the Giants do lose one of Austin or Dwyer.

The Swifts like to give long contracts, Housby had three years last time. I expect she and Wallace will both sign for two years, unless Sammy doesn’t want to commit to being away for two seasons. It will be interesting to see who they can come up with as the fourth midcourter, I would love to see Cobden.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 977 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation