2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I like Nyah Allen’s game. I was impressed by her performance a couple of years back at the team girls cup in Brisbane. I think Allen just needs to find the right environment. I said earlier in the thread that Collingwood haven’t really developed a lot of their TPs into SSN players. Not sure it’s the best developmental environment. Players like Sharni Lambden (injuries aside) and Brooke Allan are amazing but parted ways with Magpies to go back into the NV pathways. I’d expect they’ll both be Vixen TPs next year.

I’m not sure about Swifts for Allen though. A lot of love for Akle as a coach but other than Fraser what young players has she nurtured? The balance of the team debuted under Wright. I’d like to see Allen go to Lightning. Wood in particular would be a great mentor.

If the Wallam to Fever rumours are true then one of ATN and Glasgow could be on the move as well.

As for Austin being happy at Giants and unlikely to move. I’ll be as surprised as anyone if the Vixens pull it off. The question might be what environment will put Austin in best stead to get back in the Diamonds for Comm Games? Playing with Watson (to a lesser extent Moloney) wouldn’t hurt that.

Joyjamie
      Participant

Must admit would love Smith at Swifts would be a perfect fit for the team. They need a WD. Cannot see Austin to Vixens though but not sure who the cryptic clue about sending polo to Sydney could be about. They need GA and the only other one would be Housby, surely she would not leave. think Fraser will be staying to offer cover at WA/C. All speculation until more announcements next week.

mcniffy23
        Participant

maybe the firebirds are only saying nsw because they know that it will be Tippah Dwan haha

Tully
          Participant

The Firebirds tweets are misleading.
            Vixens asked australia post about sending a polo to a new employee but didn’t state the destination. Firebirds jumped in saying they had sent one to a Vixen who got it in 3 days and that Vixens were sending theirs to Sydney.

A lot of people, myself included thought the FBs were talking about Dehaney.

However, after the Samason announcement Firebirds asked Vixens to ask her to send their polo back :wacko:

I’m starting to think Dehaney is going absolutely nowhere. Nor is Dwan.

amyrmy
            Participant

I think if Austin wants a premiership she should sign a one year contract at Giants. Interesting that when most of the team were partying and holidaying after the season there were a few absentees. Brandley, Poolman, Parmy and Austin. Austin also seems friendly with CBass so maybe saw first hand the impact that spending too much time on the bench can have on a players confidence.

Joyjamie
              Participant

With Austin anyone know when she will be fit? Heard the season might start early because of CWG. One thing is certain if Mundy gets a contract there needs to be another departure from Vixens. Smith, Eddy or Dehaney most likely but with Vixens they could keep Mundy as training partner, would love to see Mundy at the Swifts but feel she would not get the starts, look at Haythornthwaite even she couldn’t start.

mcniffy23
                Participant

The only one I think it could be would be Dwan, because she’s a lot better than to be sitting on the bench!

mcniffy23
                  Participant

Dwan and Ellis have left firebirds saw a post on fb that they said email to members

sami j
                    Participant

Surely this means Dwan to vixens!

Tully
                      Participant

Just when I say I think Dwan will stay FBs say she has gone :bye: :yes:

Interesting to see where she ends up.

blondebomb
                        Participant

Finally some off season movement. Felt like there was very little significant movement last year

NB12
                          Participant

Dwan to Fever?

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Wowwww I wonder who Firebirds promote for the shooting circle. Dwan could be off to Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, really anywhere. She probably wants more court time which is fair enough

mcniffy23
                                Participant

i think she would be good at the vixens, shes in the australian squad and she would be learning off Watson, Moloney and Weston! and she would be a better feeder into Kumwenda than stanton was!

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top