2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dwyer has signed for 2 years at Giants. In my opinion thid makes me feel more strongly that Austin is going to sign elsewhere.

Maryann
    Participant

Austin would have to have an absolutely smooth sailing recovery to make the start of the season.

al_ex
    Participant

Smith would be an absolute dream signing for the Swifts. She’s a star in the making, absolutely what they need across WD and GD. It would be a shame for the Vixens but to an extent it was their own doing by not giving her as much court time as she deserved this season. Victorians seem to like to go home after a couple of seasons as well so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

I’ve never really thought that Austin would make a move straight after such a serious injury but maybe she is headed to the Vixens. It would make Dwan’s decision a bit more puzzling though.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Maybe Austin will sign a 1 year deal with the Giants? Allows for recovery and Dwyer can cover until then. When she returns then we’ll get a sense for what direction the team is moving.

mcniffy23
    Participant

That’s what I think! I think Austin won’t mind starting on the bench since it’s her comeback year! So that’s why I think Dwan will go to vixens!

Kerryn
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind Dwan going to Lightning, Wood has been shaky on the shot for a few seasons, and ongoing injuries, so would be a handy person to have to cover both gs and ga, allowing Wood the slide across to WA – her feeding a Koenan/Dwan circle would be pretty to watch

Joyjamie
    Participant

If she is leaving to gain more court time then Vixens possibly would be better. But also Swift have lost Garbin and have not announced their shooters yet, could that be a surprise destination, last season they did rotate Housby quite a bit,
    Can see Housby returning but what about Wallace, guess the answers will be revealed on Monday unless the Swifts announce another departure

enozlas
    Participant

Swifts have locked in housby/Wallace. Interested to see who they bring in as a third goalie. I think they need someone with a bit of experience cause they use their bench a lot.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Must admit was getting worried. So far all the signings have been given two year contracts at this rate next season transfer window there will be no movements. Think the interesting signings are the next ones. Who will replace Garbin, Haythornwaite and Moore. Hope the rumours are true about Smith because she would be really good for them. Will Fraser sign? Let’s hope there is not another departure announced later

Tully
    Participant

I was reading on Instagram on the TBirds page where they announced Gooden’s departure that Gooden was originally given a letter of comfort that she would get a contract then was later told she won’t get a contract.

Makes me think someone became available that they didn’t expect. ATN if Wallam is going to Fever? Dwan?

Hopefully the timing for Gooden hasn’t impacted her 2022 opportunities. I’d expect she would easily get scooped up as a TP back in Melbourne by Vixens but I’m sure she wants in court opportunities and may have looked to UK had she known earlier. Although Lightning and FBs might e options? Swifts?

Tully
    Participant

I agree with the premise that Smith leaving Vixens is their own fault. Smith’s court time this year was ridiculous. On for 5 minutes then straight off. Eddy didn’t have a great season in WD and was obviously struggling. Eddy should have been tried in GD and Smith established in WD.

Anyway, that’s the past. My concern here is vixens made their GK choice (which I disagree with, I would have gone Dehaney not Mannix) and have let Dehaney go. Then offered Smith a contract and she has rightfully chosen to go elsewhere. So they may actually have a couple of holes to fill!

If that’s the case I hope Vixens look to Sharni Lambden. Same type of player as Smith. Was the standout in the age group above Smith but has had 2-3 shoulder injuries / surgeries.From all reports is now fully fit and was dominating in VNL before it was cancelled. Was a Collingwood TP a couple of years back and dominated in ANL. Similar to Samason in that her early career has been hijacked by injury and just needs a chance. Same age as Samason.

As a Vixens fan I’d rather they recruit Dwan over Austin. Austin is the better player. But Dwan is younger and fit. It makes sense to recruit Dwan which is probably why they haven’t! I have zero faith in the Vixens recruitment and retention these days.

Tully
    Participant

@ Joyjamie I wouldn’t worry about the Swifts bench spots. NSW has dominated underage in recent times and Swifts have such a strong starting 7. It would be good to see Swifts and Akle bring through some of the local talent. O’Shannessy, Sligar / Miller (depending on which one isn’t signed by Giants), Iongi, Donoghue. Of course with the exception of O’Shannessy they were all Giants TPS but you can understand why, locals seem to get a better chance there. I’m sure they’d switch for a contract though!! Plenty of exciting options for Swifts.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Thanks for that. Not sure whether Briony will go all for Local Talent. Depends on which other players are available and if she feels they can improve Swifts. Fraser might be bench player next season if Smith does come, would be great for us but cannot understand Vixens letting her go if it is true. If anything I was thinking it was Eddy who might come back

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@tully, re Gooden. That Instagram comment looks like it was written by her older brother so it’s probably accurate. So it sucks if she’s been advised last minute that she won’t be getting a contract anymore.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I don’t know if I’m being paranoid but I swear the Swift’s weren’t following Kiera Austin yesterday… but now they are. I’m not gonna read too much into that though because that move makes absolutely no sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation