2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 979 total)
  • Author

JR, the bit about Hinchliffe might just be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. I saw an article yesterday from a WA paper where it talked about Hinchliffe joining Ellis in leaving Firebirds. It mentioned that Ellis was set to join Fever, but the way it was written, it would have definitely made some think it was Hinchliffe who was going there too.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/netball/queensland-firebirds-rocked-as-tara-hinchliffe-joins-rudi-ellis-to-depart-super-netball-club-c-4017030

looloo71184
    Participant

Just got an email from Giants announcing Keira Austin won’t be resigning

mcniffy23
    Participant

Austin or Dwan to the vixens!

Ian Harkin

Reckon it’s Austin. She’s been my tip for a while.

justanothernetballer
    Participant

Literally within minutes of the Kiera Austin announcement on Twitter, directly below that is Vixens have a HUGE signing…. clearly Austin. Giants wouldn’t have announced her departure so soon and it’s in time for Kiera’s announcement at Vixens. So disappointed for the Giants.

Tully
    Participant

Well well well

furballthecat
    Participant

Given that Austin travelled with the Giants throughout her entire rehab and seemed to be such a core part of the team, it has to hurt that she’s leaving. Surely she’s going to the Vixens now. Maybe Dwan to the Giants then?? Or potentially the Thunderbirds, given that they need GA support for Horjus.

justanothernetballer
    Participant

It all depends on whether MJ is coming back for Vixens too… that hasn’t been announced. Dwan could be off to Vixens still. Going back to Penny’s post from last week she said Garbin to Pies, Austin to Vixens and maybe Dwan to Vixens. This could make sense. Who the hell knows anymore. Dwan would be great at any of those clubs you mentioned.

TB
    Participant

Austin to Fever?
    That would be a massive signing for them. To partner with JFR, that would be a very tough combination.

justanothernetballer
    Participant

Personally, I hope not. I hope she goes to Vixens. We’ve clearly seen that for the most part playing alongside Fowler weakens the other shooter’s game. ATN has become a better feeder and yes, she puts up more shots (Fowler great for the rebound), but her presence in the circle and the constant offloading (circle feeders only looking for Fowler) has contributed to the weakened game of Glasglow and Stanton.

chloe
    Participant

This signing period is so crazy… It’ll be so interesting to see which teams are going to benefit and which ones won’t because so many clubs are loosing players that feel really integral to the team and I wonder how they’ll go fitting into different clubs.

Kerryn
    Participant

@justanothernetballer I was about to post something similar, I think Fowler is an amazing player, but it seems to have had a real detrimental effect on the GA’s she plays with – along with those you named you could also add Nat Medhurst, and Te Paea Selby Rickett to the list

enozlas
    Participant

Why do I have a random feeling Sterling is going to the firebirds?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Wilson back at Thunderbirds for 22/23. Hoping this means Sterling returns but the fact that Garrett and Wilson are both on 2 year contracts makes me suspicious. Losing Sterling would be bad.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Oh no. Sterling commented on the Thunderbirds teaser post this morning saying ‘lol it’s not me’. (She is also now following Giants)

If Thunderbirds manage to lose her, they will be in a world of trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation