2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think most would agree that a vacated GK or GS position is great. We have a lot of internationals in those positions so it’s great to be able to offer a few of those positions to young Aus players.

boogieya
      Participant

When Romelda arrived back in 2008: She had Tamsin Greenway in the Firebirds Team who basically ‘frog marched’ Romelda out into the community & supported her 1st year to help her acclimatise:

thunder123
        Participant

Charlee Hodges won’t be playing SSN in my opinion.
          She isn’t even playing state league level anymore. She’s working and playing netball in the country

blondebomb
          Participant

I love these girls dont worry, but love to see Fowler,Aiken and Potgeiter return home, replace them with Glasgow, Garbin and Dwyer..

PICASSO123
            Participant

@thunder123 i know thats the case with Hodges but it’s sad that we’re seeing a very underrated and talented player head in that direction. No shade to ATN but she’s very lucky to have a contract over other way talented shooters 😥

sj1964
              Participant

I really hope Donnell Wallam gets a contract. Surely she wouldn’t have left Leeds Rhinos just to be a training partner.

PICASSO123
                Participant

@blondebomb hard seeing Fowler going when she’s literally the key towards Fevers success 🤷‍♂️

blondebomb
                  Participant

Or lack of success in 2021! Far too predictable in my opinion.

al_ex
                    Participant

An amazing result for the all the athletes in SSN, the league continues to deliver groundbreaking outcomes for women in sport. The average pay is now more than double what players in ANZ get, so regardless of the criticisms of the different rules I think the competition is proving that it is doing great things for the sport worldwide.

Interesting that Proscovia and Maweni are leaving. It must have been very difficult for Maweni to be away from her child and family so long. Proscovia isn’t as effective as she once was but still has a lot to offer, so I wonder if she’ll sign with another club or in another league. I really hope Lightning go after Wallam (or Letherbarrow if she doesn’t get a contract in NSW). Sterling would be an enormous gain.

Joyjamie
                      Participant

Think Peace might come back to VNSL. maybe the Rhinos, experienced and they have full time programme as well. Vixens are going to be interesting will they announce departures or signings first. The likes of Watson, Mahoney and Weston are expected to be signed but who else? Will they give Stanton another season? Will Mundy leave to get starting spot? Possibly Swifts a destination if Nat leaves. But will Nat leave though? Everyone is assuming she will but I’m not sure. Will Covid affect player movements

Nettylife
                        Participant

Taylor Fraser is actually a WA/C so I don’t think they will be after another attacking player if Nat leaves more likely a defender.
                          Very excited for all the new signings but really hoping my Swifties stay together!

Joyjamie
                          Participant

I’m with you on wanting the Swifts to stay together, keeping fingers crossed any changes will be minimal and there are no shock departures. let’s hope the situation with Covid doesn’t affect players decisions

PICASSO123
                            Participant

As much as I want the Swifts to stay together, I must admit that Garbin needs to go and get a starting position at another club. She’s so talented to be sitting on the bench and has so so much potential to grow if she gets a starting position and not just some impact player who gets swapped regularly.

Ian Harkin

Jhaniele Fowler has played in Aus/NZ for 9 seasons. For as great as she is, the only title she’s won was 2017 in the ANZP when Steel were just totally dominant. Meanwhile, her presence has meant that Donnell Wallam had to go overseas when she should be a starting GS in SSN. :unsure:

TB
                                Participant

JFR is hands down one of the best GS in the world. She deserves her spot in the SSN.

However, Shimona Nelson, I feel didn’t really deserve that spot (initially). It took her a few seasons just to work on her hands. Thought she had a good season this year. But those years developing her, was it really worth it?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Go to Top