2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I can’t wait for the day that the league reaches the point where we’ve achieved a level of professionalism and expanded to enough teams that we can discuss the potential for actual trades between teams (if it’s what is wanted of course) and possibly a National draft, etc.

sami j
    Participant

When Tasmania put forward a bid for an ssn team didn’t they have the aim to be included in 2023, with so many players signing two year contracts if there is an expansion team they won’t have many players to choose from

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by sami j.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hmm yes, it will be interesting to see how they tackle that issue.

Regarding what someone mentioned about Austin’s comments, though this excerpt was really interesting, candid, and telling.

“A couple of years ago I was probably in Sophie’s position playing with Jo Harten and Caitlin Bassett in front of me and I knew how bloody hard it was to be on the bench and know that you’re good enough to play,” Austin said.

“While it probably can be managed well in a team I don’t know that we did it well at Giants.

“I love Soph and we’ve both come from the same association and I think she’s had a killer season and took an opportunity.

“But there were a few more reasons for me wanting to move than just court time as well.

“I just felt really stagnant and (I’ll be) playing with some of the best netballers in the world at the Vixens, they breed them well down there and I just think it was the right timing.

Article link

JR
    Participant

Mcniffy, and now we’ve had an earthquake here in Victoria…..what’s next…..oh another protest…

schmeetle
    Participant

@JR locusts…

enozlas
    Participant

If Dwan does sign with the Tbirds I really like a lineup of

GS Potgeiter
    GA Dwan
    WA Horjus
    C Nankivell
    WD Petty
    GD Garrett
    GK Sterling

Williams on the bench can cover all 3 mids, Wilson for defence, maybe Lucy Austin as a developmental GS? Cause you’ve got Horjus to swing in if need be so don’t necessarily need an established 3rd goalie…

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I like that team @enzolas, very promising future, but I get the feeling they might re-sign Elle McDonald.

chloe
    Participant

@enozlas @netballcrazy1
    I agree thats a competitive team, I just don’t know how willing Obst will be to move her golden girl Horjus out of the circle.

enozlas
    Participant

I feel Elle McDonald probably earned another contract from the way she played this year, I did think she was great after settling in to the team and provided great coverage off the bench. However I am just thinking future wise Williams is a lot younger and so would get a lot more out of her developmentally and still get good coverage off the bench for next season.

To be fair I do think Horjus has earned her golden girl status.. but if I’m not mistaken they did start this season/end last season playing Horjus at WA a bit? I think Obst knows her future lies outside of the circle because of her height. It’s just that Gooden didn’t provide the coverage needed to allow that to happen. Yes Gooden shot well, but her movement and court craft isn’t there for a GA so meant we needed Horjus in the circle to be competitive. Dwan coming in provides a strong GA option and means we can then develop Horjus on the outside

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Yep, don’t think McDonald was bad or anything but Williams is just so promising and I fear we’ll lose her to another team soon enough. McDonald is definitely on the older side and based on the work she’s been doing with the club’s sponsors over the past week, I don’t feel like she’s leaving. That being said, we can elevate Williams as well as keep McDonald, just means no Austin (and Horjus needs to be able to slot into GA pretty seamlessly when necessary).

enozlas
    Participant

It’ll be interesting how it plays out.
    I guess you don’t really lose/gain much next season between McDonald and Williams but long term it would be a shame to see another young South Aussie move because she didn’t get the opportunity at home. Hopefully they’ve learned from past mistakes but I don’t have heaps of faith in Netball SA 🤦🏻‍♀️

And in saying all of this it is all anchored on the Dwan rumor being true as well… but it’s fun to pipeline dream 😂

JR
    Participant

‘phone a friend’ is the Vixens’ clue for today’s signing…..

Joyjamie
    Participant

If Thunderbirds have signed her surely would be announced by now. She could be an option for the Swifts, not sure if she could play GS though.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Well Vixens have announced Allie Smith has left the club. Now where will she be headed🤔

mcniffy23
    Participant

Today’s Vixens one is Eddy,

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation