2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@JR the “phone a friend” clue – I have no idea what it’s about. But I’m kind of thinking, maybe that’s someone coming back to the Vixens? Or maybe someone coming out of retirement?

I’m probably way off 😂

chloe
    Participant

@TB that sounds like a pretty good guess I hadn’t even thought of that, for some reason I think it might be Kumwenda but I have no idea why.

Kerryn
    Participant

@TB – phone a friend = who wants to be a millionaire = Eddie McGuire – so my thoughts would be Eddy?

netballfan91
    Participant

It’s eddy. Eg phone a friend/lock it in Eddy

TB
    Participant

@Kerryn oohh I did not think of that. That’s probably the answer! I’m terrible at these clues things 🤦‍♂️😂😂

blondebomb
    Participant

Allie Smith confirmed leaving Vixens – loving these off season changes!

JR
    Participant

Everyone on the Vixens’ FB page is saying the cryptic clue is related to Eddie McGuire’s show…..

JR
    Participant

So is Smith is gone does Dehaney stay? Or is there another move too?

Joyjamie
    Participant

Think we will have to wait and see. 3 more places and Eddy, Kumwenda and Dehaney still to sign from last season but who knows. They could easily bring in one from their academy

schmeetle
    Participant

Well, as I have too much time on my hands… been thinking (like many) of this SSN signing season. I’m in the school with a few people on here and believe there are too many imports in certain playing positions and young Australian talent isn’t getting opportunities. The VSNL rules for imports is interesting (not allowing more than 1 import in the same area of the court during games) however I reckon SSN can take the excitement up a notch, coz isn’t that what the SSN wants?
    :whistle:
    Excitement :yahoo:
    Novelty :yahoo:
    We can still keep lots of imports :yahoo:
    But opportunities for Australian players :good:

Let me tick those boxes for you.

Let’s have a limit in the number of imports in each position (looking at you GS and GK) maybe 3 or 4 but no more than 4 while there is 8 SSN teams.
    Each import signed has to have a nominated position where they are to play at least 75% of their game time.
    During the signing period, it’s the first 3 (or 4) imports registered with the SSN head office that can join the SSN. Any other teams trying to register an import in that position, too bad so sad. The SSN would make public as each import has been signed (ooh, I’ve just thought they could make it REALLY exciting and not say which player, just which position). Once the quota has been signed, that’s it.
    It would be just like in the old westerns when the prospectors rush to get their mining lease application stamped at the mining wardens office, everyone fighting to get their piece of paper onto the desk first.
    The old “p^ss or get off the pot” :whistle:
    Get in, commit to your team structure as far as imports go, and then get on with recruiting Australian talent.

The imports would be spread more evenly around the court not concentrated in the circles, people that like seeing Geva and Jodi-Ann playing the circle still could (hell, is a team was organised and quick they could have an entire team of imports) and it would make following positional movements during games very interesting, especially as the season wore on (imagine all the extra statistics ;-) )

If 3 (or 4) imports in one position are signed on two year deals then you know there wont be any new imports at the end of the first year, they’d have to wait another year.

And most importantly, us the fans would be ENTERTAINED during signing season!! B-) :yes:

Ta-daaaah!!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by schmeetle.
    al_ex
    Participant

The problem with VNSL import rules (and other position-related import restrictions) is that it actually ruins some of the most entertaining combinations. Are there genuinely fans out there that want to see Housby/Wallace split? Or Mentor/Ward? Maweni/Pretorius? I’m not against a per-team Import cap but I don’t like the idea that some of the best players in the world would be forced to move clubs just because another elite player is in the same area of the court as them. That’s a very disrespectful way to treat some of the best athletes in the world, many of whom have had to sacrifice so much to achieve as much as they have.

Statbird
    Participant

Lock it in @enzolas – you are very close to the money with your suggested 10. Dwan is a done deal so factor that in, contract is signed. – Maybe review your Petty decision because this is still potentially in play. Also I think you may need to swap one of the bench for another mid. maybe not like for like, or maybe……that’s my clue?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Statbird.
    enozlas
    Participant

I am SO BAD with riddles… so I appreciate the attempt but I’m even more confused than before you posted 😂😂

PICASSO123
    Participant

@al_ex you made a great point there. I recall when Charmaine Baard and Sigi Burger got signed to Surrey Storm, whenever Rhea Dixon was having a bad day at the office, the coach could not take her out due to the one import rule. So she had to either swap Burger with Baard and that was the only solution. It sucked because they lost close games due to that rule. Another instance was when Stars ran out of options with their midcourt (injury) and HAD to sacrifice a point deduction by putting both their imports in their midcourt.

enozlas
    Participant

Think it’s worth noting with my guess of the 10… if it was actually my choice Petty wouldn’t get a contract. I’d take Williams/McDonald over her any day. So the dream would be Williams at WD then McDonald on the bench but I’m not sure Obst will let go of Petty entirely as she seems to be a favourite of hers?

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation