2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On a side note, any ideas where Kristina Brice is these days? She had such potential

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@statbird, love that you seem to have an inside ear on signings. When you say ‘potentially in play’ I can’t help but think that the roster isn’t finalised so Petty’s return is in limbo? Anyways, is this any closer…?

Potgeiter, Dwan, Horjus, Nankivell, Garrett, Sterling, Latty

The final 3 (assuming the Dwan intel is accurate – which I think it is):
    McDonald, Williams, Austin

I would be very surprised if Petty wasn’t offered another contract as Obst seems to love her (plus I’m pretty sure she’s doing club events at the moment), but can’t lie, would take Williams over her any day of the week now that Nankivell has really hit her stride.

PICASSO123
    Participant

@blondebomb add Georgia Marshall to that list.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@blondebomb, last time I checked she was playing state league in NSW.

Morts
    Participant

The post up GS (with no alternative style of play) and ‘throw and hope’ style of netball is on the decline. Brice played for South Coast Blaze in NNSW Premier League.. didn’t do enough to displace any of the import Goal Shooters currently playing in SSN IMO. Has had her chance to prove herself at this level. Time for the next crop of Aussie shooters to get a shot. Wallam, Garbin, Leatherbarrow, Borger all should get a GS spot ahead of Brice IMO

cookiesnjam
    Participant

Unfortunately, Petty is a favourite of Obst so I think she’ll get a contract. I think Petty has the potential to be a great player if used correctly. I’d put her on the bench and if things aren’t working right, put her on at WD because I feel that’s her strongest position. At C she is just too costly.

chloe
    Participant

Also Petty is the captain, I would baffled if 2 years in a row a captain was somewhat blindsided by the T’birds and not given a contract like Chelsea Pitman was.

Tully
    Participant

Surely today’s announcement for TBirds is Dwan based on the horoscope?

If I was picking the TBirds 10 I would pick:

Austin
    Potgeiter
    Horjus
    Dwan
    Williams
    Nankivell
    Orr
    Garrett
    Wilson
    Sterling

But I don’t expect that’s the actual team.

enozlas
    Participant

10000000% agree with that 10 Tully. That would be the perfect foundation to build on for the next few years and actually start pushing for finals again. A good mix of young experience and raw talent to develop.
    I agree I doubt it will happen, especially given NSA’s horrid track record, but it would be pretty great to see if they miraculously sorted their sh*t out!!

NB12
    Participant

I wonder if Swifts or Fever have signed Sophie DL. In an interview Dan Ryan said we would have to wait a couple of weeks to announce more signings as a few things need to be worked out. But I wonder if that’s code for we are waiting until she is in the country and then there can be some hype around the signing (same for Swifts in this regard).

If it is Fever, Swifts could be picking up a player like Glasgow.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by NB12.
    enozlas
    Participant

Glasgow to swifts would be fantastic for her game! She would be the perfect replacement for Garbin with the versatility she provides in both positions and would benefit enormously from not playing with Fowler.
    Fever really is where GA’s go to die. Offers them nothing in terms of development as an actual GA.

blondebomb
    Participant

Vixens have announced there two final signings are a re-signing and a new signing – confirmation that Dehaney is on the move?

vixman16
    Participant

Dehaney leaving, Moore the signing?

enozlas
    Participant

MJ re-signing, Moore signing?
    Dehaney to…… lightning?

NB12
    Participant

Surely Dehaney is going to Firebirds.

I wonder if Maweni will sign anywhere else. Firebirds? Vixens? Giants?

Very curious where Moore will end up.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation