2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I agree. I have a feeling Dan Ryan will be named the new Fever coach and bring Wallam with him!

al_ex
      Participant

Fowler is absolutely the best netball player in the world. The reason why she hasn’t won more premierships is because teams can’t afford both her and a good attack end. Fever could afford both, but not legally.

If Wallam was good enough to have a starting position, she would have one. It’s not like Potgieter, Nelson and Koenen are the most dominant GSs in the world. Going to VNSL and playing week in week out was a good decision, if she’s actually good enough to dominate the genuinely top defenders she’ll have chances to prove herself. Dominating Quashie and dominating Sterling are not exactly the same thing.

Garbin has to move. I’m a huge fan and I’ve loved what she’s contributed to the Swifts, but she’s not going to grow anymore on the bench. Wallace is too good to let go. Swifts should bring back Letherbarrow as their 3rd shooter, assuming she gets demoted to a TP again at the Giants with the return of Austin.

Joyjamie
        Participant

Agree with you on Wallam although she was very good in VNSL SSN is completely different. She possibly might be training partner at Fever to help her develop or will another club take a chance on her like Sunshine Coast. Garbin should really move but that is only if starting spot but where though? Fever would be return home but they have Fowler. Vixens need shooter. Would be tough for her to leave, they seem like a family at Swifts. cannot see Swifts axing either Wallace or Housby. But Helen is dating AFL player so if he moves who knows

thunder123
          Participant

Housbys partner is from Sydney Swans. I think he may be a rookie, hasn’t played a game yet, so maybe be traded/delisted.

mcniffy23
            Participant

I’m hearing that Glasgow could be moving from the fever, so maybe she’ll go to the vixens to be their starting ga!

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

Oooh would’ve loved to see Dan Ryan and Glasgow back together, he has a lot of faith in her from what I remember. But, if Fowler is sticking around then I completely understand that decision. This off-season could be very interesting depending on who’s willing to move…

Joyjamie
                Participant

think Helen will somehow stay in Sydney. Sydney swans have just posted clip of Her partner Barry travelling home for surprise reunion with family in Ireland, he’s coming back and she will want to stay. Vixens feel for Stanton, got to be unsettling time for her, Think she is really confidence player and at times her confidence went, Will she come back or if not where will she go

Joyjamie
                  Participant

When will Fever announce their coach? surely if they can sign players now the coach should be in place. Maybe Stacey might still have an influence
                    For me looking to the English ? who out of Jo, Helen, Nat and Stacey will be there next season. Jo and Helen definately will stay but what about Stacey. She got married last year will she want to spend another season in SSN or is it time to come home.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

I’m so excited for this!!!!!! I’m interested to see who he keeps, who was planning on leaving, and if he makes any recruits. Hopefully this goes better than his Thunderbird stint, hopefully Fever support him properly.

schmeetle
                        Participant

Well, that was a surprise 😉

Participant

Do we know who is off contract as of now? Also, how far in advance was the recent pay TV deal & salary cap increase public knowledge?

I would’ve thought a lot of players would’ve aimed to ensure they came off contract for 2022 IF that new TV deal & cap increase was common knowledge well in advance of it happening

NB12
                            Participant

Everyone is off contract. They could only be contracted until the end of this agreement.

Joyjamie
                              Participant

Think even though players were out of contract expect clubs would be speaking to their players about whether they wanted to retain them next season. So far only Sunshine Coast have announced departures, will there be anymore or will clubs announce signings first. not sure what happens. In VNSL some players have announced their retirements before season end or in the case of Wallam announced she would not be returning

mcniffy23
                                Participant

When’s the signing period start?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top