2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

That’s what I eluded to, surely a better option would have been slightly plus someone who can play Ga/Wa? Eg as Austin did?

thunder123
      Participant

Anyone else a bit surprised that Wallam has returned from the UK with potentially no contract in Australia.
        If Fowler signed a one year deal I could understand her as a Training Partner with the intention of replacing Fowler, but two years is a long time to be a TP when she had a contract in the UK

K2
        Participant

Does anyone else feel like Firebirds may have come off second best in their plans for this signing period and are now scrambling? Why let go of Rudi Ellis, who has performed well and is a true GK, if you do not have a big name coming in? Why would Hinchliffe leave to a defence and GK-heavy line up at Lightning when she would be a sure thing to come back on court at Firebirds post-injury?

I think they tried and failed to secure Dehaney and/or Moore, and now we don’t really have anyone…does Queensland have a promising GK coming through the ranks who can be promoted?

Participant

I’m also worried about Wallam. She’s such an exciting talent. Not super young, so now is her time to make a big push for a starting spot. She did miss her family and it was hard with Covid however, so maybe a training partner with a hope of entering a squad during injury was enough of a lure? I could have really enjoyed her at lightning or giants as a change-up to a moving circle. An exciting and unusual tall holding player.

Participant

Gwalk 11 I wondered that too. Perhaps they have a sharp import up their sleeve though? Dehaney would have been a peeeeerfect fit! And it would have left Shimmin the starting GK bib I feel she deserves (with Hinchliffe pushing in from the side as she recovers…)

thunder123
              Participant

Courtney Elliot (ex Steel and I think Mystics) played in the QLD state league season for the MantaRays, so potential signing?
                She’s probably one of the only few players left with some form of experience.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

There are quite a few talented shooters, both experienced and not, left unsigned at the moment and it’s a shame that some are bound to miss out on contracts.

Kerryn
                  Participant

just thought I’d put the below together (I think I’ve got everything right)

Based on a 3-4-3 make up unless stated otherwise

Attack
                    Spaces

Thunderbirds 1
                    Fever 2

Shooters not signed
                    CBass (no contract last year)
                    Stanton
                    Wallam (no contract last year)
                    Proscovia
                    Potgeiter
                    Gooden
                    McCollin
                    Barkmyer
                    ATN
                    Glasgow

Midcourt
                    Spaces

Thunderbirds 1
                    Firebirds 1
                    Lightning 1 (3/3/4 make up)
                    Fever 3

Middies not signed

Bragg
                    MiMi
                    Unie
                    Anstiss
                    Cosh
                    Francis

Defence
                    Spaces

Firebirds 1
                    Fever 1

Defence not signed
                    Maweni
                    Aryang

Tully
                    Participant

I really like Sligar as a player. I think in time she is going to be amazing (she already is really!). But agree that Hianta needed more of a WA / C. Then again Fitzgerald converted Hay from a WD to a WA..

I would have liked Sligar at Swifts and Miller at Giants. But not to be.

I am still holding out hope that some of the very talented Aussie u 21 midcourters that are unsigned such as Miller, Williams and Orr sneak contracts. Lightning may pick one up.

alyssa20602
                      Participant

Donelle Wallam is listed as a TP for Fever on SSN website

Maryann
                        Participant

ATN has re-signed with the Fever

PICASSO123
                          Participant

I have no idea who the Firebirds can sign at GK apart from Maweni. Even the VNSL does not have upto par GKs apart from Vikhumbo (already signed with Sirens) and a fit Malysha Kelly. What about Annika Lee-Jones??? Someone mentioned Courtney Elliot? What about Vimbela from SA?

I really worry for the Firebirds!!! They should have thrown all they had at Dehaney. She would’ve been a perfect fit.

al_ex
                            Participant

Vinkhumbo really is up to SSN level. She probably would need to play more out at GD though given her height, so I’m not sure if Firebirds would be the right club for her even if she hadn’t signed on again at Sirens.

I think Wallam has been a bit of a victim of WA’s border policies. If she moved back to Australia because she wants to be near her family, she really can’t afford to go to any of the states on the east coast. Adelaide would probably be lower risk but I understand if she’s content with being a TP next year.

alyssa20602… that was from this year. Wallam was officially a Fever training partner despite playing in England.

I don’t think Firebirds let go of Rudi Ellis. I thought it was her choice. Well, at least that’s what I thought originally. But you never know. They were seemingly very confident about getting Dehaney, even tweeting clues about the player they were going to get from Vixens. And then look what happened. Lightning trumped them and they grabbed Hinchliffe as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top