2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has Vimbela already signed in VNSL? Guscoth if she’s interested in coming back to Aus would be very valuable? Quashie ready for the big move?

Not sure if there’s local talent upto the SSN level as a starting GK

Ian Harkin

No, they won’t bring in just one team. It’ll be two. Personally I’d love 12 teams of 12! Won’t happen, but we can dream.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

From the Aus under 21 squad, Molly Watson is the only one I know of. But not sure if she’s prepared for the jump. Ideally she’d be a bench player learning from a more experienced GK. Blackman a bit more experienced but more of a GD.

Tully
    Participant

Maybe Clare Iongi? She is more of a GK than GD whereas the other young players I can think of are more GDs. FBs obviously need a GK as their two defenders so far are more GDs.

Surely they have signed an English defender? Fran Williams?

Not sure why they haven’t announced their 9th signing? Surely it’s Mi Mi?

PICASSO123
    Participant

I’ve seen Iongi play. She’s fast but lacks abit height. If they were to bring in an import, I think Malysha Kelly would be the best available option as she has just come back from injury and is part of the upcoming Sunshine series. Has alot of experience too. Vimbela not so far behind as well.

Local options, maybe Annika Lee-Jones but she’s slow. Blackman from Adelaide isn’t a bad option either.

PICASSO123
    Participant

What about Sam May? Isn’t she an Aussie, would fit perfectly (I know she’s retired). Jo Trip? I remember she hinted that her netball career would not be over yet.

Tully
    Participant

Maybe Bridey Condren?

Ian Harkin

Geez, the suggestions people are coming up with are nothing exciting at all. They’ll be wanting to get someone better than that. Think it’s pretty clear they’ve been caught out during this signing period.

Tully
    Participant

I can’t think of any “exciting” GKs available. Can you?

Best I can think of is Fran Williams but for all I know she has probably signed in the UK already.

(Although I’d actually describe Iongi as an exciting young player. But I don’t think she is SSN ready yet)

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Maybe they’ll manage to lure a player already signed in another league. Thunderbirds did it with Jade Clarke… although it didn’t go down too well.

PICASSO123
    Participant

@Ian ‘nothing exciting’🤣 well I’d love to hear of this ‘better defender’ you’re refering to because i don’t think there’s anyone else left apart from the ones we’ve mentioned. Firebirds are pretty much screwed at the moment 😬 they’re gonna have to search and pick properly with their last defender spot 🙃

al_ex
    Participant

I think Firebirds’ only hope at this point would be to try and lure someone out of retirement or maybe grab one of the NZL players who would be eligible for a dispensation. Even if they managed to get a NZL player it would probably only be for the second half of the season after CWG. I expect we’ll be seeing a lot of Jenner in GK next year regardless of who they recruit.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Not great for Jenner’s development 🤦‍♀️.
    With many players signed for 2 years, I think Firebirds may have to sacrifice a few wins and develop a young GK coming up through the ranks. If they manage to sign a sub-par international for one year, they would have to go back to the drawing board in 2023 anyways.

mcleod
    Participant

I thought the SSN was starting and finishing before the Comm Games. So getting a NZ player is out of the question.

schmeetle
    Participant

Geitz to come out of retirement :whistle:

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation