2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Firebirds Twitter:
    Update: We tried to post our next player announcements and it seemed to have crashed Facebook & Instagram.

Apologies for that!

We are just trying to reschedule now that all socials are back up and running.

Will keep you posted – thinking next couple of days.

Rightttttt because it takes a couple of days to upload your player announcments

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Am I the only one who only just realised Tayla Honey and Sacha McDonald are headed to VNSL?? Can’t hurt that LA will be around the club as well. Hopefully it goes well for both of them and aids in their development. Would love to see them, particularly Honey, come back and get contracts in SSN.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Good signings for Pulse. One thing is certain they will play more games than SSN, currently 22 which means should help them. Not sure what is happening with Caitlin Bassett, sure she would go to Pulse

sami j
    Participant

This is a great opportunity for McDonald and Honey, hopefully they don’t fall out of favour in SSN like it appears a few others who went overseas have

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Some smart eyes on Facebook suggested that the Diamonds squad shirts colours over the past few days (in their recent posts) could be indicative of a two team split. There has been half green half yellow. It actually seems likely because these are the two teams I expected SM to pick even though I somewhat disagree lol.

(Positions based on who had which bibs on straight after final session)

A team:
    GS: Koenan
    GA: Tippet
    WA: Charles
    C: Price
    WD: Parmenter
    GD: Bruce
    GK: Klau
    Reserves: Wood, Weston

B Team
    GS: Garbin
    GA: Dwyer
    WA: Proud
    C: Hadley
    WD: Anstiss
    GD: Turner
    GK: Aryang
    Reserve: Moloney

Injured:Watson, Jenner, Austin, Basset

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Think I’ll cry if Anstiss and Charles make the 12 over Proud. Surely not, like how even 🤦‍♀️

Joyjamie
    Participant

What about Ash Brazil?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

no clue. A lot of people pointed that out in the comments. I think she wasn’t involved in the last day of training (for whatever reason) and the last day was the day they did game play with the squad split into two teams (I.e. the two shirt colours).

al_ex
    Participant

When I saw the two uniforms I also couldn’t help but think it was two different strings. I would also be very disappointed to see Charles as the starting WA over Proud or Hadley. She was expensive during SSN feeding Fowler, I can’t imagine she would be as effective as the Swifts midcourters feeding the likes of Koenen, Bueta and Wood. It will be very interesting to see who gets selected for Quad Series.

NB12
    Participant

I think there is more to it than team A and B. It’s more likely they want to see combinations against certain types of players.

Klau on a holding/aerial player like Garbin, Aryang working the baseline against Koenan. Charles and Price as a fast/steady combination. How does Turner adjust not being with Klau?

JR
    Participant

Aryang and Bruce playing out of their main SSN position. I know Stacey’s their coach in the SSN so knows their abilities in the other D position (and we’ve seen Bruce in GD before) but I don’t understand. Wasn’t LA criticised for playing players out of their main SSN position?

And Charles before Proud or Hadley …pffft…..

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Well Dimaonds Instagram just posted a video with highlights from their diamonds vs diamonds match so it looks like people were right, the shirt colours and positions did correlate with teams. Hoepfully it’s not indicative of the final 12 though…

NB12
    Participant

Except I saw a photo of Proud and Hadley matching up against each other. If you watch the video you see most players in different coloured uniforms throughout the video. I am assuming they have switched to change teams to test combinations.

These conspiracy theories are ridiculous!!

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by NB12.
    NB12
    Participant

In part of the video you see Klau and Aryang in the circle together. But they are listed in different teams in the post above.

furballthecat
    Participant

Braz posted a photo of her in a hospital bed on Insta today saying she was having a little clean-up. I’m assuming in her knees? Most likely why she wasn’t involved in game play.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation