2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Vixens would be fools not to do everything to retain / sign Mundy, Smith and Samason. They are the future.

I don’t think we will see mass changes across the board. Possibly a surprise move or two but not wholesale changes.

al_ex
      Participant

Vixens will sign Samason and Smith. Mundy I’m not so sure about but I have no doubt she’ll stay in the program if she only gets a TP offer. She deserves a spot but realistically there’s not many local places she could go to.

Austin would be a huge steal for the Vixens but I just don’t see it happening. She’s literally travelled with the Giants through the whole of her rehab. Add in COVID and her partner and it just doesn’t seem likely when she’ll most likely still get a very generous contract from Giants. The Dwan rumour has more logic to it, although I think it would be a huge shame to see the Bueta/Dwan combo broken up.

NB12
        Participant

I think the Firebirds need a refresh in their attack. Aiken as been there for so long and she either needs to move to try and refresh her game or Firebirds need to make a difficult decision.

I can see Garbin and Bueta combining well, with Dwan there too (if she doesn’t move).

There are some really good young Aussie shooters coming through at the moment and they need to the court time.

Maryann
          Participant

As a Kiwi watching with interest I do think it is disappointing that so many shooting spots are occupied by imports.
            While I know that this competition is aimed at being the best in the world with the best shooters in the world does it mean that Australia doesn’t have enough shooters who have the same skills and ability. I think Australia has and it would be great to see them out there.

Joyjamie
            Participant

Don’t think this will change unless the Diamonds struggle. In VNSL there is restriction on Imports, only allow one in each area eg Shooters, mid court or defence. If SSN was to follow this rule then the Swifts would not be able to play their best pair of Housby and Wallace. Would mean Garbin would start all the time or maybe Singleton will be developed. You always want the best players in any league in the world

Netballcrazy25
              Participant

Based on Luke’s latest cryptic tweet, I am pretty sure Sophie Drakeford-Lewis has secured an SSN contract.
                She is an English rose (strawberries and cream – red and white) and represented GB as a tennis junior, was a ball girl and a match statistician at Wimbledon (makes Wimbledon delight)

But which club?? Did Dan Ryan spot her during his time in VNSL? Thunderbirds have history of imports? Vixens could do with someone with her movement and accuracy?

NB12
                Participant

Collingwood?

Joyjamie
                  Participant

Another English? in SSN something to celebrate. Not sure on this one but for her would really develop her game and being part of Full time training programme will only help her. Which side though? Going more towards Thunderbirds because of Tania being their coach but who knows

thunder123
                    Participant

Bring on Monday

TB
                      Participant

Would Dan Ryan have some good connections with some of the Vic players?
                        If Watson is returning, could he possibly lure Mundy over to the Fever?
                        If he’s losing a shooter, Cosh can be moved into the circle. A Mundy/Charles/Anstiss midcourt would look very strong.

Joyjamie
                        Participant

Think possibly Maddy Turner could be staying with the Swifts, she liked post on Instagram for Moore and replied can’t wait for 3. I take that as a sign she is staying. Hopefully Klau will as well. Those two must for the Swifts

thunder123
                          Participant

Turner has said she wants to be a one club player. Think it was in Tommy Casha podcast.

I honestly think there won’t be as many changes as many seem to think. People are suggesting some moves that I just can’t see happening.

Joyjamie
                              Participant

Why is that? Lockdowns or Training Partners not been given chances. Sunshine Coast have two departures but will they fill them with Imports or from within. Seems strange we haven’t had more departures announced. Has there every been a season where club has kept the same players?

Jinxibo
                                Participant

Wallams to Firebirds would be scary. Bueta and Dwan running out front and feeding her WOW!. Wallams will
                                  catch any balls they throw at her and shoot 2 pointers. She’s way more mobile than Romelda.

SDL in SSN that will be interesting. If there’s to be a new Rose in SSN I didn’t think it would be her. Fisher can shoot 2-pointers and has ANZP experience now and Cardwell turns and shots from anywhere…

oh I wonder if she’s replacing Nat H at Swifts, technically it would be like 4 like but SDL’s plays GA much better :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top