2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not sure SDL would end up in SSN just yet and if so cannot see her at Swifts. If there is a new Rose would love it to be Fran Williams, one of England’s best defenders and could become some player in SSN

Oh there will be certainly be changes. I just don’t think there will be as many as some people expect.

Swifts have been very stable. Their side has been largely unchanged for a few years apart from the troublesome WD spot where they just can’t seem to find and keep someone.

AllieC
        Participant

Either Austin or Dwyer need to move. I think Giants would want them both to stay but they are too good to be impact players. Being loyal to your club is ridiculous if you are world class quality but sitting on the bench. Ditto Garbin – yes it wonderful to play with friends etc but that loyalty just can’t be there if you want to further your career.

Yes, I agree, I think one of Austin or Dwyer will move. And Garbin, I don’t know, but it’s a waste seeing her on the bench and half the time when she’s on court, it’s at GA instead of GS.

SBNETTY
            Participant

Does anyone know when the 2022 SSN season will start and finish. Just deciding whether to get my membership as we have a trip planned for next year.

colin
              Participant

Did anyone notice on Rudi Ellis’ instagram that she was with Hannah Petty and Matilda Garrett? Coincidence or could she potentially be moving to the Thunderbirds?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by colin.
                thunder123
                Participant

I saw that Colin, but her partner is Tim English who plays AFL for the Western Bulldogs – who are playing in Adelaide tomorrow night.

al_ex
                  Participant

I’m not sure about Austin and Dwyer. Sophie is 19 and has a partner in Sydney, Kiera also has a partner in Sydney and is coming back from injury. Now that the salaries are much higher there’s probably more incentive to move away, but I don’t think either of them will necessarily get a huge offer that Giants won’t be able to compete with. Vixens have a team full of former Diamonds, Collingwood have a lot of Internationals and no one else is really looking for a GA (except T’Birds which I don’t think they would move to). I doubt Sydney-based players would want to move to QLD or WA when there’s such a high chance that you’ll be kept away from family and friends for 6 months. The NSW teams have loyal players and loyal coaches, there has been basically no turnover from them except retirements.

Joyjamie
                    Participant

interesting what you say. Does seem settled team for the past few years for NSW Swifts so will be watching to see what happens. Don’t think they ever really replaced Kate Eddy but not sure who. I’m thinking maybe Haythornthwaite will leave but thought that last year and she stayed, think Garbin if she could go to Fever might be the one to go but as Fowler has signed on for another 2 years seems unlikely,

NB12
                      Participant

Garbin would be able to form a solid combination with Fowler, so she’d be getting a lot of court time if she moved to Fever. Would just be a shame to see her at GA when her GS game is so strong.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by NB12.
                        amyrmy
                        Participant

Somewhat agree in regards to the salary. Wouldn’t be surprised to see either Austin or Dwyer only sign a 1 year contract – see how the next year plays out and go from there. In saying that, it does a lot to a players confidence and well-being to sit on the bench week in week out.. perhaps they would take a lower or equal pay somewhere else just to get max. court time

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by amyrmy.
                          Joyjamie
                          Participant

We are all speculating. Guess that is what is happening now. Players already with their clubs maybe want 2 year contract and club only offering 1, players could be considering their options elsewhere.

Yes, Rudi Ellis would have been in Adelaide simply to support her boyfriend. So don’t read much into that.

After yesterday’s announcement regarding Lisa Alexander, I’m getting possible Caitlin Bassett to London Pulse vibes. But who knows. :unsure:

PICASSO123
                                Participant

I’m reading the report cards by SSN (website) on the respective teams for season 2020 and its as if they’re giving hints (player signing) for next season ??

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top