2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 1

2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 12022-06-13T21:35:25+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 1

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All those having a go at Glasgow for being just a feeder – did you watch last week’s game against Tbirds? With Sterling an Wilson double-teaming Fowler (and did a fantastic job at restricting her access to ball) Glasgow stepped up and scored 18 goals including 6/7 supershots. If the easy goal is via Fowler, why wouldn’t you get the ball to her? Vixens most likely realised they couldn’t simply double-team Fowler as Glasgow would make them pay.

Siouxsie Que
    Participant

Congratulations to Fever. They thoroughly outplayed Vixens. There is something different about the team this year – think Dan Ryan has done a great job with them. I also back Glasgow to eventually replace Fowler in GS – she plays smart and to a game plan amd would shine even more in her ‘natural position’.

Cb98
    Participant

@siouxsie-que

I agree. I really loved watching Glasgow at GS for the Thunderbirds back in 2019. And I think Dan Ryan’s decision to move ATN out to wing attack has been a brilliant one.

Stoj
    Participant

I agree Siouxsie Que, there is something different about them. Dan Ryan has taken Marinkovic’s solid foundation and just added a little extra. He seems to have done some good work around their mental state.

schmeetle
    Participant

Let’s talk netball: Aryang’s stunning timing on her intercepts and the Vixens delicious moving circle with Samason and Austin :heart:

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by schmeetle.
    JR
    Participant

Why did Glasgow leave T’Birds? Was Potgieter signed up? From memory, Potgieter said 4 years … but Glasgow was there in 2019. Was there an overlap?

NB12
    Participant

Aryang was great tonight. And the move to WA for ATN has been invaluable. Having Anstiss back has been the difference, knowing they have that experienced back up at C takes some pressure off.

JR
    Participant

Yes Aryang was amazing….given some were ambivalent about her being chosen in the Diamonds it was great to see why.I just reread the Thread about the Diamonds team and I think it was CB98 who mentioned why she was a great addition to the team.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    Nate
    Participant

@JR i think Glasgow did her acl and potgieter was at tbirds then?

Agree with all about aryangs game tonight was on point. Great combo to be able to slid over to wd if need be too.

Ian Harkin

Okay guys, I have deleted a whole stack of posts from tonight. Now, generally, I am very lenient, but tonight just got way out of hand. There’s no need for any of that stuff, so please just get back to talking about the netball. :good:

Morts
    Participant

Good call Ian. There were some very disappointing remarks, and to be honest quite devastating to read if those individuals had made their way onto this forum.

To the game, I have to say it was nice to see Fever play well. I’m not a fan, but can certainly appreciate the difference this year with Dan in charge. I can see Giants winning comfortably tomorrow and then the Vixens Giants clash being an EXCELLENT game. You’ve got to think they’ll come out firing next week. How good is netty!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Yes, on the topic of Dan I’m really happy to see what he’s added to this team and his experimentation with combinations over the season. Yes, they already had some great players and foundation but I think he has really come into his own as a coach and is definitely having an impact on the team and culture. Very happy for him after that tough stint in Adelaide.

Crocus
    Participant

Apologies if I may come of as rude but does anyone know why Verity Charles is now Simmons and Madi Robinson is now Browne?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@crocus Both have reverted to their maiden names due to change in relationship status.

😂 that was the most respectful way I could think to put it but it’s not much of a secret, Verity in particular has talked about it in an interview if I remember correctly.

Maryann
    Participant

@JR Potgieter played for Steel in 2019, maybe she played over there as injury cover after the NZ season had finished?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 1