2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 1

2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 12022-06-13T21:35:25+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 1

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t recall Fowler ever being as mobile in the circle as she was last night. Her moving when necessary really left the Vixens defence with a lot less answers. At the other end there were times when Austin was moving too much and getting in the way of Vixens C & WA. I enjoyed watching the game.

Ian Harkin

Potgieter didn’t play for Tbirds until 2020. She was basically a replacement for Maria Folau who had played in 2019, then retired.

Glasgow did her ACL in the 2nd last game of 2019. She played on at Tbirds in 2020 but didn’t get much court time at all as she was just coming back from the injury and didn’t have her confidence and full fitness back yet. Georgie Horjus played well in her absence, while Kaylia Stanton was dropped by the Fever. So I assume Glasgow saw an opening there and decided why not. It’s worked out for her.

Nate
    Participant

Didnt Potgieter play for Firebirds before Tbirds as an injury replacement?

Ian Harkin

Yeah. Came in for the second half of 2019, then off to the Thunderbirds.

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Umpires: Tara Warner & Bronwen Adams.

What a brilliant assist from Brandley! 4-4 after 5 minutes.

Ian Harkin

Maddie Hay with the crucial touch as Giants pick up possession. Giants 8-6

Ian Harkin

Giants up 8-7 as we head into the power play. It feels like Giants have had the better of this game so far but that’s not showing on the scoreboard.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Giants 13-11

Harten 11/12
    Dwyer 1/4

Nelson 7/7
    Garbin 4/4

A bit of a scrappy Q1. Giants not making the most of possession & Magpies staying in it with 100% shooting. Sophie Garbin having the better of the battle of the goal attack Sophies so far.

Morts
    Participant

Feel like Giants could be unbeatable with some slight recruitment tweaks. A dominant WA with definitive drives (a la Kim Green/Madi Browne). And an imposing international level GK. Tilly McDonnell probably not there yet, perhaps even better suited to GD

Ian Harkin

Good start to the 2nd Q from Magpies and they take the lead 16-15

D-fencr
    Participant

Agree Morts, imagine them with a Stirling in GK. Phew!!! (Not that I want that to happen!)

enozlas
    Participant

Totally disagree.. I think Maddy Hay is woefully underrated!
    Personally I think an attacking C would be the cherry on top that they need.

D-fencr
    Participant

Dwyer seems a bit off the ball at the moment. Harten to GA to mix things up?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN FINALS WEEK 1