2022 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – VIXENS v GIANTS

2022 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – VIXENS v GIANTS2022-06-21T10:22:49+10:00

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Barkmeyer should be really pleased with herself for that game. She was the difference in the comeback. Didn’t put up a shot but set up MJ time and time again, made second and third efforts, and was a reliable pair of hands.

TB
      Participant

Oh WOW ?
        Complete devastation for Giants!
        I will say there was some very questionable held ball calls against Giants.

But congratulations to Vixens. It was an ugly win, but a win is a win!

So, there we have it. The grand final is set… Fever v Vixens. For most of the season, it appeared as if those two teams were destined to meet in the big one. And here they are. But boy, what a struggle it was for Vixens to get there!

nanator
            Participant

We went to that game tonight, and the energy in the last 5minutes was unreal. There was so much niggle against the vixens that wasn’t being called.

The experience for young stars like Barkmeyer and Samason was invaluable.

Jo Harten had that attack end on a string until that last quarter. I was very surprised to see the Giants choke in key moments

Stoj
              Participant

Glad to see the Vixens win, they showed the fight of a champion team. It certainly was not pretty at times, but they took their chances when they needed to.

Feel for the Giants, they’ve kept the bulk of their team together and have come within striking distance for a few years.

Tully
                Participant

MJ is phenomenal but I will say a future Vixens shooting line up of Austin, Samason and Barkmeyer is exciting. Impressive how they’ve rebuilt their shooting end.

thunder123
                  Participant

Props to Barkmeyer! Whilst her shooting can be a little bit iffy – vixens needed a true GA, who did the work on the outside, didn’t crowd, fed the circle well.
                    Brandley was playing a great one on one game, and continued that on Barkmeyer, but left a one on one with MJ and McDonnell with the backspace to drop into.

JG
                        Participant

Feel sorry for the Giants loss. My view is that JF is excellent at coaching and developing players to their best ability. JF is not a game tactician. There is no plan B. Her game plan was the same week in week out, few if any changes, or rotation of the bench. Why, I don’t know.

TB
                          Participant

I don’t think she’s responsible for experienced players throwing silly passes.

Tully
                            Participant

I don’t think giants lost because of coaching decisions. After quarter time Giants settled to come back and had all the momentum. There was no reason for Fitzgerald to make a change. It was Vixens that needed the change to come back.

NB12
                              Participant

When it started to fall a part for the Giants in the first 5 mins of the final quarter, vixens would have known that aside from Moore in defence, Giants could not make a change that would help them. And bringing on Moore wasn’t going to help the Giants attack.

Not having other options lays solely with Fitzgerald. She does not use her bench and then has nowhere to turn the going gets tough.

WeWood
                                Participant

Just watched a 90” clip on the SSN Instagram page. Surely Mannix stepped on the intercept?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top