2022 SSN ROUND 1

2022 SSN ROUND 12022-03-24T18:46:46+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 1

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Participant

87 penalties for the Firebirds and 27 for Jenner. At what point does it become too costly to have her as a starter? I don’t think we’ll be seeing her at CWG

Tully
    Participant

Firebirds were a lot better than I expected them to be. They desperately need to tidy up in defence though. I’m not convinced that Bakewell-Doran and Jenner are the answer, they were helped by the Vixens taking MJ off. I think EUB would have cleaned up then as well.

Vixens…. I think they’ll be disappointed to not finish it off. A terrible start to the final quarter (was it 2-9 at one point?). I am not sure where Austin fits in this team. Samason should get the start next week. Samason is so confident on the shot and the attack flows better because Samason’s style lets Liz dominate.

MJ MVP.

Weston just iced her Comm Games selection. I wonder if that was a NNP record for her as she doesn’t typically score that well given her style of play.

Kerryn
    Participant

I only had the stats up, but was astounded at the number of penalties – both NZ games today were 39/38 and 36/35 – and not a huge difference score wise (with no supershots) – this game 87/69 and swifts at 77 yesterday :wacko: :wacko:

JR
    Participant

Donnell Wallam
    2/5 (40%)

Gretel Bueta
    3/8 (38%)

Mwai Kumwenda
    1/5 (20%)

Rahni Samason
    2/2 (100%)

Great stats for Super Shots……not.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    Shooter Tamara
    Participant

You might be right regarding Austin , didn’t she leave Giants saying no room for 3 great shooters or something to that effect , gonna be hard sending Samason to the pine

K2
    Participant

Also interesting from Round 1 – the three shooters who moved clubs in search of a better guarantee of court time (Dwan, Garbin and Austin) all got about a half or less of court time and didn’t have a great first game. From the looks of Wallace’s injury (and I hope I am mistaken) and given Aiken’s pregnancy, both Dwan and Garbin would have had almost guaranteed court time for the rest of the season if they had stayed put in their old club.

Sport can be cruel sometimes. That being said, and as much as I like all three, it is exciting to see new shooters like Wallam and Samason to take their opportunities.

NB12
    Participant

Really enjoying that we don’t have to endure ads during the timeouts.

JR
    Participant

Weston, Bruce, Aryang, Klau.

Turner and Mannix next best.

No room for Jenner in the Diamonds.

Tully
    Participant

I thought Austin’s court play was okay in the first half but not confident to the post. But at the start of the fourth the attack was very messy as Austin ran in to Liz’s space time and again. They have a lot of work to do to fit her in. Maybe even giving her time at GS might help? Watching this I wonder if Austin would look better at Collingwood and Garbin at Vixens :wacko:

JR
    Participant

I thought the same NB12.

Tully
    Participant

Jenner should be nowhere near Diamonds. I’d put Garrett ahead of her as well as the other obvious contenders. May be even Hinchliffe depending on how she goes this afternoon.

ATN to start in WA. Kate Walsh in WD. WD looks like a problem position for Lightning.

Muffie
    Participant

Give Austin sometime. She didn’t do much pre season games. She is very talented. A bit of confidence and game time and she will come good

Ian Harkin

Fever
    GS Fowler
    GA Glasgow
    WA Teague-Neeld
    C Simmons
    WD Anstiss
    GD Aryang
    GK Bruce

Lightning
    GS Koenen
    GA Wood
    WA Scherian
    C Cassidy
    WD Walsh (Shimmin)
    GD Hinchliffe
    GK Dehaney

UMPIRES: Georgia Sulley-Beales and Nathan Begley

JR
    Participant

I vaguely remember someone posting on here, when Austin was announced for Vixens, that given her movement outside the circle it’d be interesting to see her and Watson play together.

Did they play together in the Diamonds before their injuries?

Garbin would have the same problem of court time in GS if she was with Vixens. Rahni has a GS background and is doing very well moving to GA.

NB12
    Participant

Yes, Austin and Watson played together in the CC.

I think we need to give it time. Austin seems hesitant, but I think it looks worse than it is because she is also a very cool customer.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 1