2022 SSN ROUND 1

2022 SSN ROUND 12022-03-24T18:46:46+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 1

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 229 total)
  • Author

A much better last Q so far for Lightning. Fever not looking as slick with some lineup changes, but no doubt happy to be getting all players out on court. Fever 78-57

K2
    Participant

I really like Batcheldor’s movement and shot. Probably the only positive note for Lightning today

Ian Harkin

And there it is. Fever wins 82-62 and that’s a record score in a National League game in Australia. BUT, it must be pointed out that without super shots, the score would have been “only” 78. So it’s really not a fair comparison.

Full time: Fever 82-62

Fowler 65/67 (97%)
    Glasgow 12/15 (80%)
    Teague-Neeld 1/3 (33%)
    TOTAL 78/85 (92%)

Koenen 25/28 (89%)
    Wood 18/26 (69%)
    Batcheldor 12/15 (80%)
    TOTAL 55/69 (80%)

Assists: Glasgow 29 (in 3 Qs)
    Gains: Bruce 9

POTM: Jhaniele Fowler (Fever)

Nate
    Participant

I think Austin reminds me of McMahon a lot, good movement around the court, gives away a few turnovers a game but shoots around the 60-70ish maybe 80% mark and when it’s off it off.

Games like fevers are a huge bore to watch, rather a close game then a huge blow out. Shrink Fowler down to bout 6.3 and she’d have no game. Same with all huge shooters.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Nate.
    JR
    Participant

Pivot…..all focus on the last game so far. Thought it was a recap show for the whole round.

Like the show before the first game….all about the first game, including watching the teams warm up….not the whole round

JR
    Participant

Ok…..on to the other 3 games now. Great.

Ian Harkin

It’s been spoken about for a while, but must admit I didn’t really see that Fever midcourt coming. Turned out to be a masterstroke from Dan Ryan. Glasgow at GA, Teague-Neeld at WA… it worked perfectly. When Glasgow went off and ATN went to GA, it wasn’t as effective.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I’ve pushed for ATN at WA go so long now that I can’t even remember when it started. Hopefully we see Fowler/Glasgow/ATN a lot more this season. I think ATN is really crafty at WA.

JR
    Participant

ATN’s court smarts have gotten better and better over the years. Hopefully WA is her new home. Save her nerves from the shooting role.

TB
    Participant

Rahni Samason a surprise pick for Diamonds?

I know it’s only round 1, but I’m making an early prediction. Samason for CWGs 😊

Tully
    Participant

@TB I’m here for it! But everyone is probably sick of all my Samason ranting so it means nothing coming from me :whistle:

Perhaps both Samason and Dwyer……

TB
    Participant

@Tully I think Samason and Dwyer have a good case.

Again, I know it’s only round 1. But Wallam IMO has more promise as the backup GS for Diamonds, than Cara Koenan. Maybe a call up for CWGs is too early. But could have a case for WC next year.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but I think it’s easier to throw in a surprise GS than GA into the CWG spot. just because the translation from SSN to international usually takes a moment with GAs as they have to slot perfectly with the GS and WA. I feel like you can get away with it more if it’s a GS. But I guess conversely, the lack of a target GS can be pretty bad.
    Just thinking out loud but yeah, wouldn’t be surprised to see Wallam, Koenan has been great but don’t think we’ve seen a GS stamp their spot in that position since the last lot of retirements.

NB12
    Participant

It is easy to see Wallam just slotting in as the number 2 GS. She would be a great impact player and she is already building a combination with Bueta.

For me, Wood and Bueta are certainties.

Side note: Price had a great game last night too. Best I have seen for a while.

netballgirl
    Participant

I never rated Koenan, I’d drop her and Garbin for Glasgow. She’s heavily underrated, and I’ll throw it out there maybe Hojus? She’s in her 3rd season and has proven to be consistent. Dwyer needs this year to prove how consistent she can be and rahni needs a full season under her belt.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 1