2022 SSN ROUND 1

2022 SSN ROUND 12022-03-24T18:46:46+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Participant

OMG – sure thats Wallace’s ACL

Maryann
    Participant

Singleton on at GA and Housby moves back to GS.

Ian Harkin

Poor Sammy!

Ian Harkin

Sam Wallace’s injury has really taken a lot of the steam out of the game. Must be so hard for the Swifts players to keep their minds on the job. Giants had an 8 goal lead but Swifts have now narrowed that to 5. 54-49

enozlas
    Participant

Sammy :cry: :cry:

tina_138
    Participant

Don’t understand the boos – Swifts would have done the exact same thing.

Sad for Wallace

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Oh no I’m not watching. What happened to Wallace???

Also, this has been bugging me for two years now. The netball live app ‘hot game alert’ always gets sent after a game ends. So dumb.

Tully
    Participant

Except for the last two minutes Giants impressed me tonight. Play it around and you just risk losing the ball. Just shoot. Harten tries to be too clever and it will cost them. Huge step up from preseason for them. They are looking good. Dwyer continues on and is now the top shooter for Giants ahead of Harten IMO. They have very good depth which is going to be key this season. After preseason I wasn’t sure if they’d make top 4 again but now I’m confident they will although if I were a Giants fan I’d want to see more of a killer instinct in the final moments.

Swifts…not having O’Shannessy limited their defensive rotations from the beginning unfortunately. Although I thought Smith had a very good game. But really it’s all about Wallace for them now.

Tully
    Participant

@ Netballcrazy1 Wallace landed awkwardly and injured her knee. No one near her.

Maryann
    Participant

Netballcrazy – she went up for a ball and when she came down her right knee kind of went outwards, then right inwards and then she went backwards with it partly under her before she landed on her back. Grabbed her knee and when she finally was assisted up she couldn’t put any weight on it. Nasty and I’m very glad there was only one replay at the time and one when the game was being summed up. Tears from some of the Swifts on completion of the game.

sami j
    Participant

Horrible to think already but after collingwoods game tonight and now Wallace potentially doing her knee I wonder if Sophie Garbin regrets her move

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Oh nooooooo. Big blow for Swifts and T&T if that is indeed an acl injury. Heartbreaking.

I know it’s early to discuss, but who are the training partner shooters for Swifts? Too bad Bassett retired, if she’d held out a bit longer pribably would’ve been a viable option here.

@sami j. Very good point, I always said Garbin was a better GS than GA and I reckon Sinclair is gonna cause Garbin to lose court time. The move always seemed weird to me, and this would be pretty hard to swallow for her as well.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Giants 57-55

Wallace 33/37 (89%)
    Housby 15/20 (75%)
    Singleton 1/4 (25%)
    TOTAL 49/61 (80%)

Harten 26/34 (77%)
    Dwyer 28/33 (85%)
    TOTAL 54/67 (81%)

Assists: Price 23, Proud 18
    Gains: Klau 6, McDonell 5

POTM: Jamie-Lee Price (Giants)

Giants played the ball around for the last 72 seconds and they take the win over a surging Swifts 57-55. It was a really great game, just dampened by what happened to Sam Wallace.

Sadly, we’ve all seen it many times before. And we’ve heard that noise. The stunned gasps from the crowd today show the feeling inside the stadium. Let’s hope it’s not as bad as it appeared to be, but Sam was in a lot of pain out there. Please netball gods.

Nate
    Participant

Big problem for shooters is constantly landing on a dominate leg, need to be able to consistently land on either leg to save yourself from a having single bad leg/knee/ankle and then once it does start getting injured it’s a force of habit to continually use that dominate leg which will only aggrevate the damage more.

Said to see a player go down with an injury but also interesting the clearance to play in the first round when she had already been out with an injury. Yes I get they pass medical requirements to play but seriously shouldve been more on restricted minutes imo.

Yes I too still get irked with timeouts and the super shot, it really isn’t netball.

Cb98
    Participant

Poor Wallace – that was a horror. God I hope it’s not what it looked like.

Giants played well, and deserved the win – Swifts made too many mistakes and weren’t winning enough back defensively to compensate, though there were some good patches.

Swifts shooter TPs are Sophie Fawns and Laura Towell I think. Hopefully in the next few weeks Singleton can step up a bit too – she had some good play but inconsistent shooting unfortunately.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 1