2022 SSN ROUND 1

2022 SSN ROUND 12022-03-24T18:46:46+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Somehow with 22 penalties Jenner isn’t negative in NNP!

Tully
      Participant

Wallam off. Credit to Lewis for that.

Stower at GA and Bueta at GS.

Penalty count mounting against Firebirds. 56-36. With 22 of them against Jenner. Vixens now lead by 7 and starting to assert some authority on the game.

Wallam now off, she sits down with 28/29. She has the highest NNP of any Firebirds player and the problem they’re now in certainly isn’t down to her. Vixens running riot in this quarter and Firebirds have no answers. Score 52-41.

Tully
            Participant

Watson had a huge quarter. With Austin off Liz took command off the court. Now leading assists, feeds and CPR.

Also very good quarter by Weston who was just too good for Stower.

I actually didn’t think Wallam was the FBs problem. Too many penalties and the midcourt struggled to hit circle edge.

NB12
              Participant

Anderson yet to prove herself as a tactician. I don’t have any doubt she is an excellent coach, but her decisions on game day don’t seem to work.

enozlas
                Participant

Strange decision by the Firebirds coaches… Wallam was great, Dunkley was proving to be a real headache for Eddy… yet those are the changes made?

Vixens seem best when it’s left to Liz Watson to control and dominate the attack so perhaps Austin will learn in time how to work with that and then I think it’ll be unstoppable.
                  Samason coming on handed the reigns back to Watson and Samason just focused on shooting which was the difference in the attack end in that quarter.

Tully
                  Participant

Vixens scored 25 in one quarter. I wonder what the highest quarter score is? 25 is a lot.

3/4 time: Vixens 57-44

Bueta 12/14
                      Stower 1/2

Kumwenda 36/40
                      Samason 10/10

Vixens added 25 to their total in that Q. Kumwenda 14/16, Samason 9/9, Watson 10 assists. Yes that’s right, 10 assists in one quarter! Firebirds shellshocked.

K2
                      Participant

Anderson’s changes are killing me. Problem was clearly our defensive end, our attack end looked amazing first two quarters. Then she takes off Dunkley for Mimi (who was then pretty comprehensively beaten by Eddy) and disrupts the circle by taking Wallam off. I wish she had let the attack end out there to build and consolidate. Defensive end change was needed but came too late.

Tully
                        Participant

MJ off. Austin is back at GA the other Samason at GS.

Tully
                          Participant

I understand the Mi Mi and Dunkley change. Dunkley won the first quarter but Eddy had the better of it in the second and FBs only scored 12 in the second quarter. But Wallam off was a head scratcher.

enozlas
                            Participant

Totally agree @NB12 I haven’t been convinced on her since she took over. Very strange changes that are either too late, or disrupt the moment/flow they manage to build.

K2
                              Participant

Also side eye at the male commentator saying the umpire had a ‘stern voice’ that ‘scares him’. They are just doing their job professionally, sir.

Tully
                                Participant

Okay Vixens should bring MJ back. Austin is not settled at all and the attack is a mess.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Tully.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 229 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top