2022 SSN ROUND 10

2022 SSN ROUND 102022-05-16T12:13:25+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author

schmeetle
      Participant

@JR I usually last 5 minutes of Annie’s commentating before muting. I know it means missing out on the insights the expert commentators bring and maybe hearing some on court chat (I have no idea what was happening with the umpire/Bruce/Kumwenda in the last quarter, but I could also tell Lewis was not “out of play”) but overall saves my sanity. I muted Geitz and McCloy earlier in the evening also due to their inanity.

The bonus of muting when games are at RAC Arena is you also miss the stupid “Let’s go Fever” and the basketball game organ.

JR
        Participant

Yes schmeetle, I should mute, especially when Sargeant is being so biased. I really liked her comments as a selector on Centre Circle, but her commentating games – yikes. I think I muted her when she commentated a while ago and my blood pressure when down measurably immediately.

Geitz and McCloy were just plain odd.

Maryann
          Participant

I thought commentary had been way better this season and so much less shrieking during games but I noticed at the weekend and last night that it had really deteriorated again. You are right – the Geitz and McCloy was plain weird at times, strange strange comments. It should be that if there is nothing to say about the game then say nothing at all. Prattling on about anything and everything is such a switch off to those watching.
            I also noticed in the Thunderbirds game that one of the commentators was going on and on about Sterlings injury – clearly they hadn’t noticed that the back of her knee has been strapped the entire season!

JR
            Participant

I agree Maryann. I have almost always enjoyed the commentary this year, and the Foxtel shows The Centre Circle and Pivot along with the before and after segments for each game (though the ‘after’ segment for the first game is sometimes cut short). Someone said that the extra time for the Vixens – Giants game wasn’t shown on Foxtel – eek! I watch the games on Kayo and it’s been great. I love I can start watching ‘from START’ a bit later which allows me to zap through the adverts.

I am enjoying the season a lot. I think Foxtel and Kayo are doing a good job. Which is great as I haven’t braved going to a Vixens game yet given the number of Covid cases here in Melbourne and that people aren’t wearing masks at the venue.

Participant

Anyone know what happened with Weston? She had played a big part in the first quarter collapse of fever (namely by riding in piggyback fashion on Glasgow, but it was working). Weird to see her go off?

montyb
                Participant

So glad to see the comments re Geitz and McCloy…..I felt it was worse than weird – it was really unprofessional – i felt like McCloy was bullying and highly condesending…..absolutely disgraceful. Geitz called him out on it, but then also go sucked into the slagging match….really awful to listen to.

D-fencr
                  Participant

To provide an alternate view, I think Geitz and McCloy were just joking around with each other. Maybe a bit unprofessional of them, but I didn’t view it as him bullying her? I did note he asked her to explain a few of the technical things going on in the game too, which was nice.

Montyandpoppy, I suspected it was just load management given the 3 games in a week, and Mannix has played less minutes than Weston recently.

NB12
                    Participant

It is 100% just banter between Geitz and McCloy. Will is very engaged in the netball community and perhaps this familiarity is what causes him to overstep. I agree it’s a little unprofessional, but is it worse than when we’ve seen Liz, Cath and Sue do the same thing to each other?

Magpies:
                        GS Nelson
                        GA Garbin
                        WA Browne
                        C Jovic
                        WD Brazill
                        GD Ward
                        GK Mentor

Giants:
                        GS Harten
                        GA Dwyer
                        WA Hay
                        C Price
                        WD Parmenter
                        GD Brandley
                        GK McDonell

UMPIRES: Rachael Stebbings and Josh Bowring

Magpies are off to a fast start, up 11-7. Sophie Dwyer unfortunately with 3 turnovers already.

enozlas
                          Participant

Harten still looks quite unwell.. I wonder if we’ll see Matisse again tonight?

1/4 time: Magpies 17-15

Nelson 14/14
                              Garbin 3/5

Harten 9/9
                              Dwyer 3/6

Magpies built up a lead of 6 but this was reduced to 2 in the last 3 minutes as Giants successfully used the super shot to narrow the gap. Molly Jovic once again playing well for Collingwood.

Magpies getting right on top here, up 32-22!

Shooter Tamara
                                Participant

How long is Hay on contract?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top