2022 SSN ROUND 11

2022 SSN ROUND 112022-05-20T12:54:16+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m really enjoying the Fox netball shows

Will Thunderbirds play finals for the first time since 2013? Who knows? It’s an amazing looking ladder at present; Vixens and Fever are well out in front, then the remaining six teams all within one win of each other, and all of them still capable of making the playoffs.

TB
        Participant

On Pivot, Cath Cox strongly calling Donnell Wallam a non selection for Diamonds after her past two performances. I thought that was a very harsh call.

JR
          Participant

She also said Moloney played 60 mins at Centre,…..

But I am enjoying Centre Circle and Pivot immensely.

Stoj
            Participant

I agree with Cath Cox’s comments about Wallam. Whilst I think Wallam is great, her games against international defenders have shown she’s not ready for inclusion in the playing squad for Diamonds. I hope she uses her opportunities at the training camps to continue developing her game and could potentially be ready for World Cup next year.

StatsNerd21… Fowler’s score has indeed been revised down, so no record for her.

Wallam has played 6 good games and 4 not-so-good games. And those 4 have been against Sterling & Mentor. So yeah, that doesn’t look good for her. Admittedly some of the feeding has been dreadful.

NB12
                  Participant

Perhaps that explains Rav’s non selection. Can she feed against international defenders? The firebirds seem to really struggle with confidence to let the ball go to Wallam when she is up against Mentor, Sterling,
                    Dehaney et al.

JR
                    Participant

T’Birds v Giants next round – 3 v 4…..so exciting.

TB
                      Participant

@Ian that is my exact point! Cox was so quick to dismiss her, but did not say anything about the ball being delivered to her.
                        I will admit I haven’t seen every Pivot episode, but I can’t recall her dismissing so quickly any other squad member? And there’s a few who have had some up-and-down games.

netballgirl
                        Participant

I agree with Cox on Wallam. She should be out of contention.
                          Also aren’t we steering away from a holding shooter to a mobile one. It’s why Bassett was dropped in the first place.
                          If we were looking for a holding shooting I’d pick Bassett over Wallam any day.

I can definitely see Williams being included into the Diamonds squad by next year.

NB12
                          Participant

I often find I disagree with Cox and her observations. In saying that, she is probably right about Wallam.

So, let’s say the 4 shooters are Bueta, Wood, Austin and Koenan, who do they take as the reserve? Is it Wallam or Garbin?

netballgirl
                            Participant

They are the 4 I would take. I think it will come down to the at game of SSN. In my opinion Wallam needs to focus on fitness in the off season to be in contention. Players usually make silly errors when fatigued.

What’s going to happen when Romelda is back? Will Wallam be demoted to tp? Or will they demote stower?

Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

I keep seeing people say they want to see Watson at C for Vixens and Diamonds but it boggles me because yes she’s good there (because she’s a great and versatile player) but she obviously dominates at WA. So those stats are interesting.

Re Williams, I think she will have to be the starting C. I wonder if in that scenario we would see more of Nankivell at WA but then I wonder how they balance court time with her and Horjus. Spoilt for choice at WA

netballgirl
                                Participant

Obst will be crazing not leaving Williams in C, I can see Wilson splitting time between Gd & Wd.

Hopefully we can see Georgie back in GA and then see Nankiville at WA. My understanding she can play all 3 midcourt positions.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top