2022 SSN ROUND 11

2022 SSN ROUND 112022-05-20T12:54:16+10:00
Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tough one because Dwan is doing okay atm and is probably the GA option going forward if she can form a good combo with Austin (which we saw today).

Looks like Stacey M was at the game tonight.

JR
        Participant

Re the stats for Centre Pass conversion for Vixens in the first quarter when Watson was Centre.

I got the impression the issue is lack of second phase options given both Austin and Mundy were coming out over the line to get the centre pass. I don’t think it’s Watson in C.

I’ve mentioned it before and so have others, including commentators, it needs to be sorted for Vixens (and Diamonds).

JR
              Participant

People with coaching experience – what’s the answer re lack of second phase options on Vixens’ Centre Pass?

The commentators often criticise a team if they regularly don’t have 2 options available for a pass (not just Centre Pass).

So isn’t that what the Vixens’ GA and WA are offering by both coming out for the Centre Pass?

I get that the consequence is lack of one of them for the second phase. So what’s the solution? Passing to GD or WD more? GS coming out for second phase (two goalers out of the circle) and the person who didn’t get the Centre Pass bolts to get the third phase.

netballgirl
                Participant

I’ve got around 10 years coaching experience at rep level.

I think it depends on the play, or what the opposition is presenting. For example if the opposition is using a wall on the centre pass, I’d want two options out or opt for the wd or gd to come out for the centre pass.
                  I do find teams that use the wd or gd you do get a better option for second phase as it gives the GA or WA to set up.

I always want both my wa and ga coming out otherwise it puts stress on the c pass.
                  I’d time it though, wa comes out before ga

JR
                  Participant

Thanks netballgirl.

enozlas
                    Participant

The key to what netball girl said was the timing though too.
                      Vixens I think both WA and GA present straight away on the whistle instead of one sagging back a second to see what’s happening.
                      If say the GA held off a moment to see if the WA is going to get the ball fairly easily then the GA can adjust to receive the second phase pass. But if the WA is covered then GA presents for the C pass.
                      If you both jump at the same time whilst it goes great C pass options it can really effect second phase if you want a GS staying in the circle.

JR
                      Participant

Thanks enozlas.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Go to Top